So if you are bored and what not, here is the story: I was married young, divorced against my will, gone through a lot of therapy and still have some lingering trust issues. But the fact is, I'm a romanic. I want to fall in love, despite how completely devastating the whole thing can be. So then there came Matt. He likes sports -I like art -he likes beer/smoking partying -I haven't really had fun in a while... at first it worked. I mean, it still is working. We are crazy attracted to each other and if we keep casually dating, everything is a-okay. But the thing is, deep down, I don't think he has the values I want in a future husband/father. Am I insane to want marriage again? Is this just me replacing my ex-husband? Should I keep casually dating or should I just join the crazy club and jump on eharmony and get my next marriage going? I just don't know what to do.
rahkeepschanging rahkeepschanging 26-30, F 5 Answers Jun 23, 2012

You must be from facebook..

Best Answer

what?

Best Answer

lmao.

Best Answer

Neither, just relax. You are young, much is still ahead of you. If your guy keeps being apart from your values marriage is a mistake. Enjoy all the hot guys your age, remember the 20 somethings of today are the 15 year olds of my day

Best Answer

hmmm, I guess that is some good perspective. Being married and all and then jumping into some juvenile sex-crazed "relationship" is kind of like getting to go back in time. I should just enjoy it.

Best Answer

Love should not be this hard......Yet there it is......Doing it again...

Best Answer

It honestly depends on when you want to get married and start a family and how old he is. If he's in his early 20s... well that's pretty typical behaviour of many guys who go on to become great family men. As people reach 30 they tend to party less and take life responsibilities far more seriously. Now that's not EVERYONE. But it is a trend. So if you wanna get married and have a kid tomorrow, dump him. If you wanna wait it out and see how he changes over a couple of years, you may be surprised. It all depends on your patience.

Best Answer

That is a good point... hah, I always post on this site to get the perspective of people who have lived longer.

Best Answer

As a 31 year old who spent my early 20s in a drunken stupor, I can attest for the fact that we grow up. :D Well most of us.

Best Answer

no harm in dating him-does he know it is only casual?<br />
You want to meet other people too because if you know you are the marrying kind, this casual relationship should end at some point, when you start to meet the kind of guys you could get serious about. But don't rush too much. Wouldn't it be nicer if you 'next marriage' was your last one?

Best Answer