Soossie Soossie 51-55, F 10 Answers May 31 in Community

This is a tough question. As a single person living alone I live a very selfish existence by default. I am able to do what I want, when I want and not have to consider anyone else when making these decisions. When I first started living this way it made me uncomfortable but now I have come to enjoy it. Does this make me selfish?

Best Answer

Hmm sorry, I didn't actually answer your question there. I guess I was trying to say that it's relative to your situation. A single person can afford to be much more selfish compared to someone in a relationship or someone with children.

Best Answer

Thank you. :)

Best Answer

You're welcome :)

Best Answer

There's no simple answer to that one.

Best Answer

You can't help others unless you take care of yourself first, meaning having basic needs met with a modest degree of comfort.

Best Answer

I don't know, but sometimes it just is.. if others can't see our worth then we should do something to save ourselves.. we owe that to ourselves. Sometimes people may see us selfish to that extent but guess what? Is it really necessary? To lose oneself for another? Sometimes people won't understand and hate you for being a selfish but they can't see that they are also being one for forcing you to be someone you are actually not.

Best Answer

when you need to do something to help yourself

Best Answer

To stay barely alive.

Best Answer

At the very least you should be selfish enough to take care of yourself. Beyond that, I don't know if I could choose a definite limit.

Best Answer

To every extent. People seem to think that selfishness is bad, but it's the nature of every animal. Look out for number 1 above all else.

Best Answer

Only when you're an exoskeleton-bearing aquatic invertebrate.

Best Answer