Shedevil5924 Shedevil5924 36-40, F 12 Answers Feb 9, 2013 in Hobbies

It depends upon where you live. I live in an area with a lot of hills. I've heard people in some areas would call our hills mountains though. Also, because snow is not that common around here and the population density not that high, the roads are never plowed. Again, because serious snow only happens about every five years or so, most people around here don't have 4-wheel or all-wheel drive. The nature of snow can also be different from place to place and time to time. Here it tends to be a wet, slick snow. In fact one year when we had about eight inches of snow, someone staying at our place who usually lived in the cold/snowy part of Alaska jumped in his truck expecting to be able to get around and was embarrassed to get stuck less than a quarter mile away. Trust me, not all snow is the same.

Best Answer

I now have over 2 ft to deal with. Weather man was way off the estimated accumulation

Best Answer

That's a lot of snow!

Best Answer

25 inches here. Absolutely beautiful and I love it. I wish it were more. :)). If you don't want it send it to me. :))

Best Answer

If winds are under 40, I don't call it much of a storm. Just a good snow. I love the way it threatens to cripple commerce, and gives me an excuse not to drive anywhere.

But that rarely seems to happen. Even 2 ft gets plowed and I have to go to work in the forking cold.

Best Answer

2-6 inches is an annoyance, over 12 it becomes significant, at 18 it's massive

Best Answer

our winters are cold and dry, so 2 feet is huge storm

Best Answer

If it would be polite and stay off the walk and the street I wouldn't mind it at all. However I have yet to see snow over 2 inches deep with any manners.

Best Answer

so you're in mass too right?

Best Answer

Yup. Sure am. I take it you are too.

Best Answer

yamon. Looks like neither one of us lost power though. E-cheers!

Best Answer

Havent lost mine. I'm here in the Berkshires. I normally lose power before anyone else but I'm OK. I'm gonna have to look to see where your town is.

Best Answer

I'm in a no-weather zone. I swear I never lose power when everyone else does. Hurricane, blizzard, random tornado, I'm good at home watching Louie or somethin while everyone else is sink-showering at work.

Best Answer

Lol. In a small way youre lucky. I love the storms but don't see many cause they hit the hills and split and travel the pike and the valleys. :((

Best Answer

Just waiting for Spring

Best Answer

2 ft of snow is "Off Work for at least a Week"

Best Answer

Are you serious???

Best Answer

Where I live it would mean total chaos.

Best Answer

Really???

Best Answer