I wrote back "Screw you. This is 20 years of my life in industry. I take pride in what I did. Don't like it ? I don't need your job. I like my résumé the way it is." Did I do it right ? Well, I did not exactly say 'screw you'. but you get my point?
guardsvan guardsvan 41-45, M 7 Answers Jan 18 in Community

Wow .. do you really think that was a good idea to tell them?<br />
It's common knowledge that long resumes are usually just tossed in the trash. They're giving you a second chance to make yours more acceptable and you turn them down?<br />
It's not about your pride .. it's about potential employer's time and effort wading through your resume. Yours isn't the only one they have to read every day.<br />
You can elaborate more on your work history and experience if you get an interview. But resumes are supposed to be a condensed version of that showing the highlights only.<br />
If you leave it as is, you're really just limiting your chances of finding a job. <br />
I worked in HR for many years and have seen this many times.

Best Answer

When you want a person with 20 years work ex in an industry, will you spend 15 minutes reading his 6 page resume or will you be the proverbial a%%hole who does not value human capital ?

Best Answer

You certainly have a lot of valuable experience .. but you're just one of the many, many resumes they read. You have to make it so they want to read yours .. not turn them off to it before they give it a chance. If making it a bit shorter would help you .. it's well worth it. 6 pages is way too long. My husband is an Electrical Engineer with over 40 years experience and he has his resume down to 2 pages and it's just fine. It's about getting across the big picture first and then elaborating at an interview.

Best Answer

Ugh . I hope you did not want that job.. It's completely unprofessional and it's common for people to only want to hear about the last five year work experience and the inability to work effectively with their request may result in a lack of trust that you will be able to effectively work with others and meeting their expectations..

Best Answer

Wow guess you didn't need the job then

Best Answer

Ha your an idiot

Best Answer

You're *

Best Answer

They were probably testing your reaction -and patience-

Best Answer

Is your resume more than 2 pages? I don't think they asked you anything unreasonable. I must admit it's a bit strange for someone to go to the effort to call someone to say to make their resume shorter, because that would give me the impression that they had already read it, unless..... Was it a job agency that said that?

Best Answer

Listen. There is a distinction. When you specifically ask for a person with 20 years work ex, you MUST have time to spend reading a 6 page resume. Is it too much to ask?

we carry burden of our years of toiling in industry and we want some one to appreciate it.

These low dumb f&*&k , low IQ , respectless people insult. Whoever looked at my resume , I promise , he/she does not have a CLUE why he/she is there.

No this was not job agency.

Do you really want resume of a CTO in one page ?

Best Answer

Why are they there if they can not spend 15 minutes to read the resume of a senior professional ? So I sad screw you . I dont need your job.

Best Answer

If you're in a position to turn down a job, then hats off to you. I mean that sincerely. Too often people consider an interview as one way with the interviewee needing to make a good impression. I've declined jobs because I haven't been won over by the interviewer in selling their company to me. You've just done that at an earlier stage. It's a personal decision.

Best Answer

I need a job. But I have some pride in my years I had put in this industry. I want some one read it at least. if If they find me not good after reading my resume, I am fine with it. But don't insult by asking me to fit my resume to shove up your butt.

Best Answer

Your attitude is going to turn off an employer even if you do cut down your resume. Not smart.

Best Answer