in therapy today she diagnosed me with it idk why i did not ask her what is PTSD-D anyways please help :)
apml apml 16-17, F 10 Answers Oct 11, 2012 in Community

I have PTSD too- it's curable. Depression is too- I'd steer clear of the meds unless u r suicidal. Lots of the meds don't work, make u worse or have bad side effects- some make u go thru a worse withdrawl than heroin but the drs don't tell u that b4 they prescribe them! Paxil is a bad one- it gives ya electrical shock like zaps in your head when u are tapering off of it. And a bad headache non stop for a solid month. so, most people can't hack that and therefore stay on it for life. it also stops working after 6 months and the generic for it DOESN"T work. the name brand is $300 a month and not covered by most ins.

Best Answer

I crosstapered onto something else. If you can do it without meds, swell, I'd kill myself if I tried.

Best Answer

Read my poem 'Move on'.

Best Answer

It means you have gone through one or many traumatic experiences that took a tremendous toll on you mentally. Follow your doctor's instructions and you should be fine.

Best Answer

PTSD is Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and is a common problem among combat veterans when they get home from the war but anyone who's been affected by an intensely traumatic event, or events, can also become a victim of PTSD. What it means is, you have serious problems that aren't your fault and they're affecting you in a very negative way. Having diagnosed the problem, chances are good that your therapist intends to help you or get you some help with it.

Best Answer

You talk about the trauma, you deal with the symptoms as they arise. Depression seems to respond best to Cognitive- Behavioral Therapy.<br />
However, I think Dialectical Behavioral Therapy would probably work better than CBT for post-traumatic-stress-disorder.<br />
...That last is an anxiety disorder. It tends to crop up in weird, novel, and unpleasant ways. You have to not give in to irrational fears, or they take over. I strongly recommend breathing meditation for panic attacks.

Best Answer

Seems odd to diagnose someone without explaining the what and why of the disorder.

Best Answer

It means that something that happened to you was so bad that it rocked your life in such a way that your brain couldn't put the pieces back together afterwards; so no matter how much time passes, unless you go back and sort it out with a therapist, you;ll find that anything you try to build in life will fall down like a house on broken ground.<br />
You should talk to people who are trained professionals in the psychological field and with whom you feel comfortable about what happened and how you can go about moving forwards.

Best Answer