I have inserted several in my patients, some relate it to be painful, others don't. I always give my patients a presc<x>ription for pain medicine before the procedure so the don't have to top at the pharmacy after the procedure. Try to focus on something positive, I usually have a nurse to hold the patients hand. They are a good distraction, before they know it, the procedure is over. Best of luck. Think positive.

Best Answer

Thank you for the professional advice! That helps relieve some of my fear!

Best Answer

Take 800 mg motrin and breathe through it. The worst is measuring ur uterus. I have one and it wasnt that bad

Best Answer

It hurts really really bad, especially if you have not recently (or ever) had a child. A lot of cramping. I wanted to scream at my doctor to take it out the moment she put it in, but I knew I had to suck it up.

Best Answer

Ive read that I should take some advil about a half hour before and i can request a dilator. good advice or bad? Ive had like two rib tats would it hurt more than that?

Best Answer

I never had a tattoo so I couldn't compare. I would definitely take the Advil, and it wouldn't hurt to ask for a dilator. Good luck to you.

Best Answer

Thanks!

Best Answer