Here's mine: 1) Jesus Christ is risen today (Easter hymn) 2) He who would valient be (Monk's gate) 3) Lo he comes with clouds descending (Helmsey) 4) When I survey the wondrous cross (Rockingham) 5) The God of Abraham praise (Leoni) 6) The king of love my shepherd is (St Columbia) 7) Amazing grace how sweet the sound (New Britian) 8) Soldiers of Christ arise (Diademata) 9) Lead on o king eternal (Lancashire) 10) Jesus shall reign where'er the sun (Duke Street) A few things; I'm not a methodist so I'm not a fan with Wesley's lyrics to Jesus Christ is risen today sung as "Christ the lord is risen today", this is because the 14th century original text with the "alleluias" are far better. And plus i'm not typical on the contemporary songs because they sound as if they're secular songs. What's yours? Any suggestions? Changes? Add-ons? I will post another list very soon
JesusILoveYou JesusILoveYou 26-30, M 9 Answers Jan 29, 2013 in Music

I'm not familiar with "current" hymns, or with any by a certain artist, the best I can do is to recall some of those from the past: It is Well With My Soul; Nearer My God to Thee; Abide With Me; O God Our Help in Ages Past; Softly and Tenderly; Amazing Grace; What a Friend We Have in Jesus; Jesus Shall Reign Where'er the Sun; Faith of Our Fathers; O Holy Night (Xmas hymn).

Best Answer

How Great Thou Art

Amazing Grace

Let there Be Peace on Earth

The Magnificat

We are Many Parts

Only The Power of Your Love

Have many more favorite hymns

Best Answer

morning has broken...only one i like

Best Answer

10? Jeez. All Things Bright and Beautiful, reminds me of Sunday School.

Best Answer

Say, if you had to choose between the texts, and the meter/tune to this one, what would it be, the text to "Jesus Christ is risen today" sung to Easter hymn, or Llanfair, or the text to "Christ the lord is risen today" sung to Llanfair, or Easter hymn, if you're a methodist of course.

Best Answer

Option 4. Also, I remember causing problems practising for the nativity play at school, as Away in a Manger made me cry every time I heard it. In the end, I had to go sit in the office at that part of the nativity performance.

Best Answer

I like Amazing Grace and Ave Maria.

Best Answer

Which version of Ave Maria are you talking about? The sung plainchant version, or the Schubet arrangement? Because that's not typically a hymn sung in churches, unless sung in plainchant. I mean, it's beautiful, and I like arrangements on these things. I dunno. I could be wrong?

Best Answer
Best Answer

I am banned from churches.

Best Answer

rock of ages

Best Answer