I keep trying to train my dog but he will never listen and in about a year has only learnt how to sit. Is their anyother way to help him learn faster?
DRAMALLAMA9 DRAMALLAMA9 13-15, F 12 Answers Jul 17, 2012

I would NEVER use a choke chain! I like some of the trainers on youtube, like kikopup. She never uses anything that hurts her dogs or choke chains.

Best Answer

How old is the dog...? First thing you need to establish is your role as the pack ALPHA. This is easiest if you simply place the dog's head to the ground-- and hold it there, until the dog stops struggling. Once that happens, the dog has accepted your position as the Alpha of the pack, and thus, will listen to your commands much easier. It's helpful if they are a puppy, but even older dogs catch on.

Best Answer

Why don't you watch a show called It's Me or The Dog. The trainer Victoria, she's amazing with the dogs and you can learn all kinds of stuff from her. It's still on air on cable. You should definetely watch few episodes and let me know what happen with your dog lol

Best Answer

yes, for example if a puppy is crying at night, dont keep going in and telling it off, go in once grad it by the scruff of the neck & say no ( thats how its mother would do it) go out of the room & when its been quite go back in and prase it. A dog then understands that, hey if lm quite l get prased, if l yap & bark l get attention. give it trearts when it good totally ignore it when its bad, dont even tell it off.

A good example of this is when l first named my dog, it just egnored me so, all l did ws grad a small handfull of pebbles though then in the air over the dog, as the pebbles started to land around the dog l called its name, she came running to me & l prased her callled her a good girl & gave her a treat. In the dogs mind it was thinking if l hear my name and come running l get a treat, if l dont pebles land on me and frighten me. Best option get a treat. I really hopr you understand what lm tring to explain ?

Best Answer

keep chocolate in your pocket, never feed a dog chocolate, but they will love the smell. Be loud and sharp when commanding and always use the same words. Use a choke chain. Do everything the same time everyday. Use hand signals as well as voice commands. Look disappointed when you are. reward him everytime he does something correct. If he is not neutered do it.

Best Answer

I agree with the above. It is about extreme consistency. You can easily train a fairly young dog within a weeks time on the basics, as long as your both working on it everyday.

Best Answer

Serious suggestion. Read Cesar Millan books and watch " The dog whisperer ". The guy can work magic!

Best Answer

get a training book then you have to work with it everyday

Best Answer

yep i have one of them so i can now work a bit better

Best Answer