obroin obroin 51-55, M 15 Answers Sep 6, 2013 in Community

Paraphrasing George Carlin, they call it the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.

Best Answer

you left out traitor politicians who sent our jobs overseas and import professionals to do the jobs the graduates here are no longer able to get

Best Answer

hear, hear!

Best Answer

The American dream is crap to me.

Best Answer

at least it's expensive crap.

Best Answer

at least expensive crap made in china! LOL

Best Answer

The American dream is a load of propaganda. As usual, Americans swallow it hook, line and sinker.

Best Answer

That could also be true. lol
I wouldn't be surprised.
The notion of the American dream also justifies the military industrial complex.
Good point.

I think the American dream is nothing more than the freedom to think one's way out of problems.

Best Answer

Someone invented it, Hollywood fantasized it and the government capitalizes on the credulity of a massively ignorant people. They've done such a fine job in indoctrinating the people that Americans believe war serves morality and that politicians care for the freedom of their own citizens and the freedom of citizens of other countries.

Best Answer

I suspect it's always been like that. Our Founding Fathers were, after all, a bunch of rich white guys.

Best Answer

Yep, but at least they were Liberal Rich White guys......for their time.

Best Answer

True! It was a pretty good idea!

Best Answer

And they founded a nation of sheep who won't stand up for anything. In Europe, when we don't like our leaders, we throw them out. Americans never overthrow their precious presidents. They even got people tricked into thinking "I've got a gun therefore they're not going to take away my rights.". I didn't see any demonstrations when the PATRIOT ACT was signed.

Best Answer

that's old news

Best Answer

Idn i have amazin gf so i cant complain

Best Answer

No. The American Dream was hijacked by politicians who realised there were votes in wealth redistribution and selling services to tax payers. So they created a system which could finance that since taxes alone could never fund it: central banking. Central banking made traditional forms of investment unprofitable and nearly caused the collapse of traditional banking because the inflation that central banking creates always cancels out the rather modest profits there are in industry. If the return on your loan is 5% and inflation is 7% your bank is going bust. So to be worth lending too a business has to be making at least 7% more every year, for example. If a business is building a new factory that won't be profitable for five years or ten years its loan repayments will be astronomical and also the bank has to find money from somewhere to finance it. <br />
So bankers started doing the only thing they could do in an environment where the value of savings are constantly destroyed and traditional investments profitless: They started gambling on the stock market.<br />
Central banking already made the supply of investment and credit unstable because there's no supply or demand mechanism in central banking to bring in funds to match funds lent out. So the economy became more unstable. On top of this the gambling that bankers were forced to do exacerbate this by increasing the rate of bank failure.<br />
Ultimately the root cause is politicians selling votes to tax payers by promising other tax payer's money and Cicero's observation that voters will always vote themselves more money.

Best Answer

False. Americans must now be very creative. We must collaborate, and/or participate in innovation and outfox these industrialist bastards. We also need a bartering culture until a new gold-ba<x>sed monetary system is in place -- and the trouble with that option is there's a good chance the thugs have most of the precious metals in their possession. <br />
So, we need to barter. We need to share. We need to escape them and take all of their precious metals somehow. We can do it.

Best Answer

Wake up. A gold based currency would ruin the profits of bankers. They have deep ties in the US government and Federal Reserve. Many people there worked for Goldman Sachs, for example. Massive profits are made out of recessions. Banks get bailed out, get their hands on real estate to sell when the market prices rise again and whole industries collapse. That way they clear the path for the businesses they have interest in.

Best Answer

True.

Best Answer

You wait til sweet Sapphire hears about this. And the fans. I dont fancy the bankers and wall street thugs chances in a coal miners glove match at a sold out Colliseum!

Best Answer

Oh. That's another option. . . lol

Best Answer

False.

Best Answer

IT IS FAKE AND A VERY BIG FALSE AND LIAR,I HAVE MORE THAN 45 YEARS WORKING AND STRUGGLING FOR BEST LIFE RUNNING FOR THIS FALSE AMERICAN DREAM NOW AFTER 45 YEARS I LOST ALL THE MONEY I INVESTED WORKING IN MY OWN BUSINESS,ADD TO ALL THESE MY MANY CHRONIC HEALTH PROBLEMS UNCONTROLLED DIABETES,SEVERE NEUROPATHY CHRONIC GASTROINTESTINAL CHRONC REFLUX,CHRONIC OSTEOARTHRITIS CHRONIC OSTEOPENIA,SEVERE DEPRESSION SEVERE SLEEP DISORDER,SEVERE,AUDITIONS PROBLEMS,VISION PROBLEMS, CHRONIC PAINS FOR 24/7,I PASSED MORE THAN EIGHT YEARS WITHOUT ANY JOB DUE TO MY CHRONIC HEALTH CONDITIONS,AND WITHOUT ANY INCOME SOURCE,I DON'T KNOW WHAT CAN I DO TO PAY OFF MY ACCUMULATED BILLS,TO BUY MY MEDICINE,AND TO COVER MY OTHER BASIC NECESSITIES,

Best Answer