halbert halbert 46-50, M 32 Answers Sep 21, 2012 in Health

Rich people are usually convinced they deserve everything they have, even when they were just born rich, and this is despicable.

Best Answer

^entitlement jajajaja

Best Answer

You do sound like a nice person. A bit illiterate maybe.

Best Answer

You think we should outlaw inheritances?

Best Answer

what? What purpose would that have?

Best Answer

@gnat free - I ask that because Earthlingwise said “Rich people are usually convinced they deserve everything they have, even when they were just born rich, and this is despicable.” If we eliminated inheritances then rich people could only earn wealth and not be handed wealth. I was just asking if that would be something to consider.

Best Answer

This is a good question. It should at least be limited. Snobbery does exist anyway, and it just shows lack of true education.

Best Answer

No but people should be more humble about how good they have been, especially when they inherited.

Best Answer

FALSE

Best Answer

Many poor people are greedy and the source of much of the criminal activity. The poor commit more murders, steal more often, and do more rioting and damaging of others property. This is as a group statistic and has nothing to do with any individual as no person is what they own or do not own. Charities, foundations, arts, churches and other beneficial entities are funded by the rich. Bill Gates is a good example of none who became rich and now is devoting his life to raising the standard of living in third world countries. Chuck Norris is an example of one who has a degree of riches and is giving to others in a more personnal way. I am not even going to list the names of the poor woman who killed her kids because they were an inconvenience. Nor the man who shot a few people. Nor all the other poor people in the news for various selfish crimes and acts. But, I am not saying the poor are bad and the rich good. That is not true either. The fact is people can be caring and giving no matter what their income. And they can be greedy and selfcentered at any income level. Despicable is perhaps more in the mind of the person using the term and what is considered despicable is not globally defined and may be defined different by each person. Some would think asking a question like this is an example of despicable behaviour and so I will not address that part of your question. I tend to be more selective of how I would use the term and would use it more for child molesters, rapists, and murders.

Best Answer

Because that is the only mean they have, given the context, the rich are using other means (more indirect) and look at how they destroyed the world economy and mind you the crap is coming back, all the growth is gimmicks.

Best Answer

I'd have to say a little bit of both. Living in a town where the rich come to retire, and where we have a lot of homeless, I've seen it all from both sides. It's pretty amazing.

Best Answer

not all of them. I know few people who are rich and don't let their richness get to their head. They're also very nice, and love to help others. <br />
I'm sure they are people who are not saintly and that innocent, and they are jerks.

Best Answer

Nah, I hate generalisation.

Best Answer

"Rich people" are not always greedy and despicable. Money doesn't define a person. They're personality is what defines them as a person not money.

Best Answer

Well the issue is that the way they become very rich imply certain trait of character.
This is partly reported in psychology research for which there is a great consensus.

Best Answer

not true at all; you can't generalize things like that.

Best Answer

It's just a question to get the conversation started ;) Besides I didn't say I thought it was true.

Best Answer

False.<br />
half the rich are greedy bastards, and half the poor are saintly and innocent. The other halves are generally detestable but okay people.

Best Answer

just because you're greedy doesn't mean you're a bad person, Mitt romney is certainly greedy but he's not evil. Just misguided.

Best Answer

False. Rich people are generally greedy and they are rich because the poor people are greedy and respect them.

Best Answer

Rich people have their head up their arses and poor people need food...we need to review the situation so that poor people do not die on the rich person's watch..because that would be despicable

Best Answer

I am appalled; we give a third of our hard earned money to many charities every week. Why are "rich people" being blamed for all the poor? It's everyone's fault not just ours.

Best Answer

it's everyone's responsibility, I agree, I stand here guilty as well...charity is not equality, human dignity or even close to loving care...time to wake up and stop playing dumb

Best Answer

Charity is for the people that look for help. So the ones with pride and not looking for them are the ones that you should consider calling that. I see you have a problem with believing stereo types. Good luck with that. May God grant you a swell day.

Best Answer

who are you giving "charity" to beings EQUAL to you in every way?

Best Answer

One third to charities, where did you get this figure from. And even if this was true, giving even 50% when someone earns a few millions a year is absolutely not impressive. And the fact is that the ration between high and low earners is greater and greater and at absolutely silly level. Even Ford would find it unacceptable, and Ford was in to make money..
Also read a bit of Joseph Stiglitz.

Best Answer

false

Best Answer

False.

Best Answer

Epic failure. Of course this is false.

Best Answer

False. That's a generalization. Both parties can be either. Or none.

Best Answer

Like most generalizations...this one doesn't work. In my experience, I have found that Most rich people have developed a sense of their own importance that goes far beyond reality; money, apparently makes them smarter. I've known some people who are not blessed economically, who choose to remain ignorant and have an attitude about theft that is counterproductive. In general, I think most people are just trying to get by.

Best Answer

Hahahahaha That's a good one!

Best Answer

extremely false

Best Answer

Not People are people.

Best Answer

Define rich. Yearly income and net worth.

Best Answer

if you have to ask you're probably rich.

Best Answer

I'm not rich. No net worth. I would say "rich" is $250,000 yr + $1M net worth.

Best Answer