i tend to believe it's true, but i have the hardest time being kind to someone who has been unkind to me. especially someone close to me...it is really hard for me to get over the hurt and resentment i have built up towards them
wildf1ower wildf1ower 22-25 10 Answers Jan 31, 2012

Always take the high road. It's not the easy road, it the HIGH road

Best Answer

It works on some but not all. You never know what that "unkind" person is dealing with under the surface. Anger is fear and usually a protection from showing your weakness' or vulnerabilities. Then of course there are the sociopathic narcisistic ones who aren't affected by anything except what pleasures them, at an and all expense. But I do agree with most here. If you can muster up the pride swallowing and the time is appropriate, "kill them with kindness." If not, divert attention or ignore them if possible.

Best Answer

True. So that when someone else looks in, they can see that you are entirely blameless, and that the unkind person is the *******, so they can pass no judgement on you being just as low as the unkind person. With that being said, be kind, but don't suck up, and be sure to maintain your dignity.<br />
Oh, also, it could all just be a big misunderstanding. Has happened once. Was so lucky the person didn't hold it against me once it all became clear what was really happening.

Best Answer

Oh, do get over yourself........if someone treats me like ****, I respond accordingly............"be nice, I'm nice, F*** with me, and I F*** back, harder.........

Best Answer

there's nothing to get over.

Best Answer

Well... Think of it as 'energy'.... Low energy is fear, anger, jealousy, hatred, etc. and the more intense the emotion the more the energy plummets..... High energy is love, joy, happiness, peace, calm, kindness, caring, etc. and the more intense the emotion the higher the energy goes or is.... If someone is habitually 'unkind' to the point of being characterized as an 'unkind person', this means the person is living at a low energy and might be depressed. <br />
People who are depressed like to isolate and what better way to ensure being isolated than being a rude, angry person to everyone for absolutely no reason? This person also probably has health problems.. Low energy = dis-ease. So if someone who is a kind person looks beyond the grand standing of unkindness of the person just as you would do to a child and is kind to the unkind person, she/he (the kind person) is giving his/her high energy in action and in overall personal ambiance to the unkind person.<br />
If the unkind person is treated unkindly by a person, this means both are lowering each other's energy.... So it is a cycle until someone becomes conscious or aware of what is really happening and purposefully attempts to change the energy by raising it. The kind person mentioned before has found a way not to be affected by the low energy of the other person and keeps from succumbing. This in my opinion is the exercise of true power. It is all too easy to yell at a yelling person.... Or strike back after being struck... Or bomb the one who has bombed, etc. it doesn't end until someone becomes aware and shifts or until everyone is dead.

Best Answer

I do it mostly to annoy them. That tactic wont work on me since I am both kind and unkind.

Best Answer

It's hard, but I never feel bad about being nice. Being mean always makes me feel like crap eventually.

Best Answer