I haven't been professionally diagnosed with an ed because I've kept it a secret, but I know I must be suffering from something. For about the past year I've went from eating 2 meals a day to scared to eat at all, and last month went from 97 pounds to 83. A few days ago I just felt so weak I couldn't get out of bed, I felt like I would crumble when I stood up, and decided it was time to try to start eating again. And now somehow in 2 days I've went from 84 pounds to 90! I'm freaking out, I'm not eating as much as I did before I sopped eating. Did some research and apparently my metabolism has probably slowed down a lot. So how can I start eating again and still keep the weight off? The idea of getting anywhere near 100 pounds scares me to death, and if I keep gaining I'm scared I'll just stop eating again. But I don't want to go to a doctor or anything, or even tell anyone I need help.
ashleymartin123 ashleymartin123 18-21, M 11 Answers Dec 23, 2012 in Health

MIss Ashley,<br />
You are far too young to be worrying about your weight and the way you're going about it will lead to death. I agree with most of the other posts, you need help, see a doctor and a nutritionist. And I would also recommend trying to understand WHY you think you need to be this thin and not eat. That's usually the underlying problem. I too struggle with weight but from the other side :)....I can relate. But I know eating healthy, 3-5 times a day small meals and exercising, which can be as simple as walking 30 minutes a day, is the best way to keep weight off. You need to gain some first though :) Good luck, please talk to someone!

Best Answer

Please talk to some-one about this...you need help to get well. I am sure that you are a lovely person, you just can't see it yet....good luck.

Best Answer

Gaining will slow down, but right now, your body has been starving. It thinks that the food you are giving it is the only food it will get for a long time, so it's storing every calorie. You just have to keep eating a normal meal schedule, about five small meals a day, until your body realizes it's not starving anymore and stabilizes. As for being 100 pounds... how tall are you? That sounds like a perfectly skinny weight to me. I'm 5'5" and about 130 lbs and I look normal. 100 to 115 is about model weight. What's your height?

Best Answer

There you go. Heidi Klum, Victoria's Secret's most notorious model, is 5'10" and ways 136 pounds. Look up a picture of her, and you'll see that she is not chubby in the slightest.

Best Answer

just eat and take vitamins and get exercise. i promise you that you will not get fat.

Best Answer

First of all how tall are you? 90 pounds sounds underweight unless you are under 5 ft. Secondly, it is impossible to gain 6 pounds in 2 days. It's probably water weight. Your body was probably just dehydrated. Thirdly, the best way to get to a healthy weight is to eat nutritious food and exercise. And last of all, you may want to get a doctor involved. You are dealing with a very serious disease that can lead to death. You should be treated professionally. Good luck!

Best Answer

I'm not sure how tall I am really. I hadn't considered that it might be water weight, but wouldn't I have to drink a considerable amount of water for that?

Best Answer

You must have an idea of how tall you are. It takes 3500 extra calories to make a pound....so basically you would have had to have eaten 18,000 extra calories. Now, granted your metabolism is probably slow because you've been starving yourself but I don't think it's possible to have gained 6 pds in 2 days. Eat sensibly and exercise is all I can say. Try to eat small but regular meals.

Best Answer

Unfortunately, that's what happens when you starve your body. When you start eating, it stores every calorie it possibly can, to prepare itself for possible future starvation. I'm not a doctor or nutritionist, so I can only tell you what my inexpert opinion is. I think you have to plan a very good, healthy meal plan, and get the right kind of exercise to keep you fit and healthy while not consuming too many calories per day. See a nutritionist. Get some expert advice.

Best Answer

Hmmn I know I can eat healthy, fortunately I was raised on home grown vegetables. I'm not sure what kind of exercise plan would be good though...

Best Answer

Talk to a nutritionist and discuss it with a doctor. You don't want to go into a yoyo weight gain and loss. It is very bad for your health.

Best Answer

It's really hard to watch your diet during this time but try eating three x a day without eating in between .

Best Answer