Best Answer

I used it didn't work I found him after the typhoon destroyed his house he spent days trying to make it up the mountain work was all mud and difficult to climb to his grandfathers farm he said he still can't believe it that he was so scared that he thought he was dreaming and couldn't wake up

Best Answer

There are many lists of survivors, and at least one list of the dead. Below is one Internet site with a survivor list for people in the Island of Leyte.<br />
http://ph.news.yahoo.com/list--survivors-of--yolandaph-in-leyte-152315080.html<br />
Regarding what your boyfriend said before the storm that "he thought it would be like other storms", apparently he was not given enough warning. Just as there is a Richter scale for the intensity of an earthquake as measured by earthquake instruments on land, there is a Dvorak scale for the intensity of a typhoon while at sea as measured by satellites orbiting the Earth. Before landfall, typhoon Haiyan measured a record breaking 8.1 on the Dvorak scale, the highest reading ever made during 50 years of weather information collected by satellites. I hope that your boyfriend Jason Nodalo will someday appear on the survivor list above, and I hope that he is healthy enough to take the poll on the lower right hand side of that list regarding whether he had been given enough warning about the strength of typhoon Haiyan.<br />
The Philippine government has a list of the dead which will probably grow to 4,000 to 5,000 people. See http://www.gov.ph/crisis-response/updates-typhoon-yolanda/casualties/ .

Best Answer

Update Jason is a surviver, but his town was 98% destroyed. Everywhere is chaos and they have raised the prices of Rice and sardines, I is difficult to eat, a shortage of medicine, and little or no safety his home was destroyed and the mountain home of his grandfather has no roof he has been sleep in a shelter but since it was a school they are closing in down and people will have to get use to the results. still no electricity in burauen he can get a cell phone signal from the church's wifi or in Tacloban

Best Answer

Your island of Leyte, being on the windward side of the typhoon track, took the worst damage, but even further west where the damage was a little bit less severe, there is much damage that can be seen not to be repaired even though it is weeks later. See http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-25119027 for an example of the extensive but slightly less severe damage further west. In that video, one can see that the British ship HMS Illustrious with its load of relief supplies of electrical generators and 100,000 kilograms of rice from Singapore was not enough by itself to solve more than just a few of the problems of the less damaged western islands of the Philippines. Some year, there will be another super typhoon, and after the recovery from super typhoon Haiyan, the politicians in the Philippines need to set aside a larger amount of rice and electrical generators and antibiotics and blood transfusion supplies and road clearing equipment in buildings strong enough to withstand a super typhoon, or else it will take just as long to recover when the next super typhoon comes. This is particularly true of your island of Leyte as well as the islands of Samar and Luzon, because those islands not only tend to get the strongest winds from typhoons, but are too far from the port facilities of Singapore to get much aid from there.

Best Answer

An excellent post Great information right on target thank you for your contribution

Best Answer

As of today 29 December 2013 there is still not residential electricity. They still do not have access to the Internet. This is much worse than you could imagine. Lifetime farmers are out of work. Businesses are destroyed Government workers are victims as well. The mayor doesn't even live there. She's left town she doesn't want living conditions like this. She has the nerve to say that they don't need any additional help. Who is she kidding with you like your pockets with gold?

Best Answer

The USA sent in the Marines and a aircraft carrier to make fresh water plus other support ship plus red cross.

Best Answer

S but all those efforts are going to Tacloban, Buruean is only 30 minutes away by car, not going there Tacolban has about 300.000 people and lots of money interests Burauen has about 50,000 people and a lot of them were poor farmers

Best Answer

I feel bad for those people. I hope your friend is ok too.
I hope help gets to him soon.

Best Answer

The USA didn't even come to his town of Burauen until this week. The only country that did was Malaysia

Best Answer

Contact the red cross

Best Answer

Thank you I've already called the international Red Cross the State Department and the department offense Rosie them and spoke to them on the phone

Best Answer

I don't know whats going on with these people.when in nam my mom wrote them to say I wasn't writing enough and they got on my butt about it .I guess you will have to be persistant

Best Answer

Al I know is help is on the way, we all pray and hope this is enough. I send my hugs to you, try not to worry :/

Best Answer

It's been over 10 days they don't have food and water spoke to the United States State Department I said with international effort and it would take time

Best Answer

I'm afraid time is the problem but help will come, the international emergency stocks have been sent.

Best Answer

Yes there have been aid that came to Tacloban, but in his town just 30 minutes away they had no way that until this week some remote areas still haven't received a

Best Answer

try international red cross, http://www.icrc.org/eng/

Best Answer

Yes I gotten touch with international Red Cross I think State Department States Department of Defense

Best Answer