I NEED something to believe in right now..... EDIT: WOW! Didn't mean to cause up such a stir, and, in my opinion, it's all belief and education. As far as I see it, for me..it's pure ignorance, admittedly...I was never brought up on any type of religion and I'm seeking it now...
PrincessMaine PrincessMaine 46-50, F 116 Answers Sep 29, 2012 in Religion

I believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God. A God that is eternal, omnipotent, all-loving and ever-present. I believe this through faith.. and faith is ultimately the only thing that separates me from many other people who have answered this same question. I believe without proof, and my belief (my faith) has brought me hope and blessing time and time again, even through the most difficult and the darkest of times.<br />
Belief in God has been something that has been shared by every major civilization since the dawn of time. We may not know all that is out there, but we largely and instinctively know that there's something (some ONE) much greater than ourselves. While many reject this notion, preferring instead to believe in only what they can know with their 5 senses, the larger majority of individuals around the world accept and believe that God is real, that He communicates with us, and that one of the main ways He has does this down through history is by way of the Bible. <br />
For you and your search, all I can say is keep on searching. When you hear stories such as mine of people who have believed and been blessed as a result, I hope you know that they are not "put on", or fabricated. People share their faith for THIS reason.. because it has helped them personally and they believe (and even know) that it can help others. So don't stop searching and when in doubt, just choose to believe in what you can't see. When there's nothing else to lose, there is everything to gain by simply having faith.<br />
You're in my prayers.

Best Answer

Well done little sister.
You have spoken well.....

Best Answer

everyone needs a crutch i guess

Best Answer

Thank you, sweetie, you're very intelligent...

Best Answer

this is why i believe in fairies - i can't see them, but i have faith that they exist. so i know they exist.
may the force be with you.

Best Answer

Sure! It's there. I can hold it and see it and smell it. I believe in it.<br />
As for the fairy tales inside? No.<br />
Look, why don't you message me? I've talked to so many people like you who think they "need something to believe in." The truth is you don't need that. You don't need rituals or stories or anything. What you need is confidence. You need to believe in yourself, not something that may just as easily not exist. Why aren't you going through the Torah or the Quran or the Bhagavad Gita? What is it about this God? What does this God have the others don't?<br />
If you want to message me and maybe try to find the real reasons you feel like this, be my guest. But your problem is not going to be solved in some translated verse in a book that was written by shepherds with no knowledge of the world. It's going to be solved by real-world means. You need a real-world solution.

Best Answer

Thank you!

Best Answer

****** a

Best Answer

Actually, there are. People rising from the dead? Talking animals? Men living inside fishes? Come on... Really? You believe this stuff? WOW! Go ride your pet unicorn now. Child.

Best Answer

Right now, it's been mostly experience...

Best Answer

I believe in the Bible as the real and true word of God. <br />
We have terrific manusc<x>ript evidence of very ancient origin for the Bible, far more than anything else in ancient literature. The manusc<x>ript evidence shows the bankruptcy of the conspiracy theories bandied about by many posters here

Best Answer

its just a story book to scare people into behaving

Best Answer

There is no story book with such massive corroboration in secular history. And by the way, if there is a God, why would He not want to scare people into behaving by setting forth the consequences of bad behavior, just like a wise parent does with his children?

Best Answer

"We have terrific manuscript evidence of very ancient origin for the Bible, far more than anything else in ancient literature." *facepalm*
not sure where you got your info from but...i suggest you focus only on reliable, valid, academic literature, rather than the ramblings of some theologian who, in order to convince himself, felt compelled to write a book misleading others by convincing them that their "faith" has "proof".

Best Answer

I suggest that you try to refute my assertion, which is indeed based on valid academic literature. You can't refute it. What exists in terms of ancient manuscript evidence of the Bible is not a matter of any dispute. You are the one who is operating in the realm of attitude rather than the realm of facts.

Best Answer

I believe the Bible is God's word. God has changed my life so much! I am an ex-warlock who dealt in black magick,hoodoo,divination,mediumship,and demonology. Jesus has set me free!

Best Answer

Why can't people recognize the way lives are changed through personsl experiences like yous. God is real and so many people are imbeciles.

Best Answer

Hail Satan, hail Lavey, oh by the way there is black magick

Best Answer

the imbeciles are the ones that believe in god

Best Answer

because some people aren't willing to just blindly believe a bunch of (often cruel, brutal, hateful, disgusting &amp; barbaric) crap because it is written in some book (which has numerous varying translations for any 1 passage &amp; repeatedly contradicts itself to the point where one could suppose that god was either very indecisive, incredibly hormonal or just plain retarded) because it says that "God" said it.
ok, so it makes people happy - fine. if people want to believe in fairies or unicorns or edward cullen because that makes them happy, i couldn't care less. but if you walk around rambling on about crap like that, you have to accept the fact that most mentally stable people will think you're bonkers, will want to be as far away from you as possible &amp; sure as hell don't want you anywhere near their kids.
"God is real" - ok, you've just made a claim. if you want that claim to hold any sort of weight what so ever, &amp; to be taken seriously, back it up. the burden of proof now lies with you, so provide a valid argument for your claim right now, supported by reliable empirical evidence &amp; academic research, &amp; i will admit that i am wrong, join a church (or cult) &amp; become a devout follower of your lord god.
i'm begging you - please. so many christians make this claim, but for some reason, wont fulfill their burden of proof. but according to them god is real, &amp; they keep claiming god is real...&amp; surely they wouldn't just claim god is real, believe it, &amp; expect people to take their word &amp; the word of some ancient mofos &amp; believe it too...would they? surely not!

Best Answer

its not an easy read. and the ending anti-climatic.. wished it had dragons and such ;)

Best Answer

It does have dragon. Read revaluations and John maybe.

Best Answer

no shite?.. lol. now i really am an athiest ;)

Best Answer

revelations?

Best Answer

Nope, I have reason to believe that it is all 100% bullshit.

Best Answer

Prove that it isn't B.S....and I mean good solid evidence, not just because the bible says so.

Best Answer

I believe in God, but I believe the bible was written by men to frighten and control people

Best Answer

BINGO we have a winner

Best Answer

why dont you

Best Answer

Absolutely yes. Without it, knowledge of our Creator would be lost. Oral tradition at this point would be warped to a great degree if it survived at all. Limited human 'theories' are just that: theories. That's why I'm glad we have a source template. I believe that the bible is inspired by the Holy Spirit.

Best Answer

blah blah blah

Best Answer

...you do realise that what you define as "theory" depends largely on context. if you're just talking about a general speculation, then a "theory" doesn't hold much weight...
but if you're referring to a formal scientific theory, you're talking about a comprehensive explanation of some aspect of nature that is supported by a vast body of evidence. there are heaps of scientific theories that are so well established that no new evidence is likely to alter them substantially - for example, no new evidence will demonstrate: 1) that the earth does not orbit around the sun (heliocentric theory) 2) that living things are not made of cells (cell theory) 3) that matter is not composed of atoms 4) that the surface of the earth is not divided into solid plates that have moved over geological timescales (the theory of plate tectonics). like these other foundational scientific theories, the theory of evolution is supported by so many observations &amp; confirming experiments that scientists are confident that the basic components of the theory will not be overturned by new evidence. BUT: like all scientific theories, the theory of evolution is subject to continuing refinement as new areas of science emerge or as new technologies enable observations &amp; experiments that were not possible previously.
a scientific "fact" is a scientific explanation (aka a "theory") that has been tested &amp; confirmed so many times that there is no longer a compelling reason to keep testing it or looking for additional examples - &amp; in that respect, the past &amp; continuing occurrence of evolution is a scientific FACT. because the evidence supporting it is so strong, scientists no longer question whether biological evolution has occurred &amp; is continuing to occur, &amp; instead investigate the mechanisms of evolution, how rapidly evolution can take place, &amp; related questions.

Best Answer

Absolutely 100%, however, you need to really have an open mind when you read it. It is not an easy read and many people just don't get it, even though they think they do.<br />
Ever heard someone say "I have read the Bible, and it had so many contradictions that I couldn't finish it" -Well those people didn't read it with an open mind. They might think they had, but subconsciously they had already made their mind up about the Bible before they had read it.<br />
I strongly recommend that you give the Bible a try. Just give it a try and keep a very open mind. Whether you believe in the Bible or not, I personally have learned a lot of lessons from the Bible, that I could apply to my life here in the modern world. Whether or not you believe it is the word of God, it is a very special collection of books. You can learn so many life lessons.<br />
Start with Revelations and really study it. I personally say that if you are only going to read one book of the Bible, then read Revelations. It is incredibly symbolic and cryptic so you will really need to study it, but my god, it is worth it. That book alone has so many answers to so many life questions. <br />
If you are going through one of those really tough times and really need something to help you get through, try calling out to Jesus. Don't just pray to him but actually call out. Even if it is just in your mind, imagine yourself calling out to Jesus really loudly, scream it. He will be there.<br />
I wasn't always a Christian. I used to be wiccan and then a new ager. A few years ago I hit rock bottom. I needed something and out of pure desperation I called out to Jesus (it was something I would have never of done unless I was desperate) and instantly I felt safe and comfortable. I don't know how to explain it, but I just felt such comfort and safety which was something that I hadn't felt in a long time. It wasn't the pure ecstacy or bliss that I felt from drugs or other religions, it was just a feeling of safety and comfort and it is a feeling that I would never trade for the world. <br />
All the best. I know the feeling and I hope you find comfort soon. Jesus and reading the Bible brought me comfort, I hope it does the same for you.

Best Answer

ima read revalations because u recommended it but i feel very close to wat u feel wen i practice yoga an tht all comes from within, wen i was christian i felt safety an powerful but all of them feelings trippled wen i started looking within myself instead of an outside force

Best Answer

I am actually in the opposite position. Before I was Christian I would always look within myself and was always left with unanswered questions. It's hard to explain because so many people don't look at Christianity the same way that I do, but Christianity seemed to tie up all loose ends and answer the questions that I wanted answered. However, I respect that everyone has their own path. I am happy that you have found yours just as I am sure that you are happy that I have found mine. Religion/spiritual beliefs are a very personal thing and we all choose what is right for us :-)

Best Answer

I believe the Bible is the word of God is 100% true. I also believe this Q&A will not convince anyone one way way or another. PrincessMaine, I encourage you to study the Bible for yourself and pray that God guides you through it. Then draw your own conclusions. Do not allow any outside influences intervene and make your own mind from what you discover.

Best Answer

I agree with one thing that you have said, Q&amp;A will not convince anyone one way or another. People believe many things that are not true, there does not seem to be any rational for many of the things that people do believe. Yes PrincessMaine, do your own research, indepth with historical support and draw your own conclusions.

Best Answer

I'd rather believe in The Lord of the Rings.

Best Answer

I believe it helps when you need to hit someone's head in the dark.

Best Answer

Best Answer

No.It has been twisted throughout history to hurt and oppress.And according to the Lost Books,it was heavily edited centuries ago.

Best Answer

When the dead sea scrolls were discovered.. do you know.. they also discovered other writings of the "day" (time period) some of those writings included instruction on exorcism. In addition there were MORE writings discovered in Nag Hammadi that included a 3rd Corinthians, A Gospel of Phillip, Gospel of Thomas.. the list goes on and on. sure.. they are "originals" however.. every Tom, **** and Harry had their "scroll" that they lived by. Much like today... Everybody reads a different newspaper based on the agenda they are "buying into"

Best Answer

Great points all of them!Also try "Original Order Bible"

Best Answer

You should do some research before you speak

Best Answer

Absolutely. It is the inspired Word of God. I've been a believer for over 50yrs and have no doubt that the Bible is true despite the claims to the contrary. People have tried to discredit it for almost 2000yrs but is still a bestseller.

Best Answer

I use it as an inspirational book, the story of Jesus is wonderful.<br />
But when it creates hate and rejection, i find it really sad.<br />
It's funny, the people who feel that we should condemn gays because of what's said in the Old Testament, BUT forgot that the Old Testament also said that women during their periods were impure and should be avoided, or that women should dress from head to toe and cover. They agree to say that society has evolved, and that nobody follows that rule BUT they make an exception for what's said about gays? WTH. Logic fail. And i could have said so many things that are in the Old Testament, rules, that are horrible...but strangely, the gay one was remembered and follow but NOT the rest? LOL!

Best Answer

1st I am gay. Last of all I am redeemed by the blood of Christ. No one on this planet can keep God's law,but Christ did and his righteousness is mine by faith in him. Christ paid the debt for ALL sin. His greatest commandment is this.
Matthew 22:36-40
New International Version (NIV)
36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” The story of Christ does not create hate and rejection. People do.

Best Answer

ctjmur your ignorance amazes.
If we are to listen to you, he would be much better off to deny his true sexuality and enter into a marriage with a woman and pretend or remain alone his whole life without an intimate loving relationship. God creates diversity. You have NO knowledge of how God created Sweetoblivion250 only Sweetoblivion250 knows how he was created.

Best Answer

Let then ignorant and haters be. They outta face God too, one day.

Best Answer

...are you god's spokesperson or something?
&amp; there is nothing wrong with celibacy? tell that to all the child rape victims of creepy catholic priests...

Best Answer

The books of the bible were hodge-podged together by a bunch of men who needed to specifically pick writings that proved their agenda. Those men eventually became the founding fathers of the Catholic Church.<br />
Read "Lost Christianities - the battle for sc<x>ripture and the faiths we never knew".. There were more christian denominations back in Jesus day than any organized religion wants to admit. You can't believe the bible.

Best Answer

Let's do this home slice...
1) By using the expression- "Jesus Day" I was referring to the general time period. You are correct "Christianity" didn't appear on the scene until after his death
2) There absolutely were groups of individuals who considered themselves "CHRISTIAN" that believed differently (denominations) otherwise, why did the Apostle Paul have such a battle regarding circumcision with the Jewish converts to Christianity. The Greek converts to Christianity had NO issue with Paul. Why was there such a huge debate amongst different segments of Christians AT THAT TIME... regarding the resurrection, and the divinity of Jesus?
3) explain for me: 1 Corinthians 10:28 why was eating meat sacrificed to idols a conscience matter?

Best Answer

oh and the bible is not a fringe book

Best Answer

Yeah!

Best Answer

Yes, the veracity of the Bible is well founded, Jesus quoted the OT on many occassions and that is goo denough for me.

Best Answer

I am a CHRISTIAN and thats good enough for me <br />
I dont need to read the bible to tell me that

Best Answer

Same here.

Best Answer

I knew that as your a good lady

Best Answer

I do believe in the inerrancy nature of the Bible. If you who do not believe actually studied the sc<x>riptures, you would also. I can say with mathematical certainty that the odds of biblical predictions which have already occurred are overwhelmingly in favor of the authenticity of tese prophecies. 10 to the 186 th is the mathematical certainty. <br />
However, I am an awful sinner.

Best Answer

1 sin is no greater than another sin other than self murder, we are all sinners the goal is to be conscious of your sins and not continue to sin and to give thanks to the God for all good things you receive

Best Answer

Amen sister.

Best Answer

ummm...speak for yourself. i'm not a sinner.

Best Answer

yes i do believe in the bible. A month ago i got saved, before i was a partier, i was cussing, listening to the music on the radio and very angry, never satisfied with anything and just getting worse by the day. And i wanted to change. trust me i know how the bible is on how its wrote, a friend of mine gave me a bible for new beggining christians and it talks in english instead of thy and thee lol and it also has stuff in there to show us on how to pray and avoid temptation/sin and so on. well lets just say im the happiest ive ever been in my life now. Everyway on how i act now is completely different, i typed up a new story called my new life, its on my profile,u should read it. Im totally different now. My anger decreased dramatically, i dont cuss no more or listen to that filth music on the radio. im ALOT more giving/ helping than receiving now, its so crazy yo, my mind is at peace now and i can finally say that, ive never been this way in my entire life. so YES! i believe in the bible, its a guide on how to live life and tells u so many things and storys on how to overcome sin and succeed in life! Princess maine, u want something to believe in? well believe in the word of god and thats the bible, that will b the most important thing u will ever do. Ur life will change for the best, everything u do in ur life will be better bcuz the holy spirit lives in u. Look up this verse. Galatians chpt 5 verse 22-23. This is what the holy spirit produces in u. Once u read that, ull understand y ur life will b better. I hope everything works out for the best for u! Message me anytime or if u need help or have a question, ill be more than happy to help!

Best Answer