I truly believe that it does....
PrincessMaine PrincessMaine 46-50, F 81 Answers Oct 2, 2012 in Religion

I pray that i dont come back as an American - lol

Praying is more someone that needs someone that will listen to them without judgement

Best Answer

You make me wonder..What is the difference between our two nations, Ned? Could you take me for a tour someday?

Best Answer

VERY GOOD

Best Answer

You would be welcome down under

Best Answer

Well, look at it like this. If someone fell on to the floor having a heart attack or stoke or something and everyone in the room stood up and started praying instead of calling 911 what do you think would happen. Case for the plaintiff.

Best Answer

In that circumstance,.the main one that needs to pray is the one on the ground..

Best Answer

BOTH would certainly help....

Best Answer

do you both think that in any case, talking to your furniture in a situation like that would help at all?

Best Answer

I would not trust that in a million years if I was in that situation or any other.

Best Answer

thank you!!

Best Answer

Maybe they would pray for someone to call 911, and having heard the suggestion, someone would. Heavens be praised! My prayer is answered!

Best Answer

and another psychotic mental patient that speaks to their food to remove poisons and diseases so they don't eat them is born.

Best Answer

I believe so, but not all prayers are regarded equally by God. The Bible says the prayer of a "righteous" man availeth much. That doesn't mean one has to be perfect, but one does have to have a clear conscience before God. Which to me means having had your sins forgiven through Jesus Christ and walking daily with God to the best of your ability.

Best Answer

Very nice....

Best Answer

For people sick in the head it does.(no offence)

In an atheist's point of view

Best Answer

If by work,you mean do we always get what we ask for? I prayed when both my parents were sick,that they'd get well.God had other plans.I believe you get what you need....not a popular opinion,but I believe it.

Best Answer

not as effective as facing your fears with TWO SWORDS DRAWN :D

Best Answer

When its done right it does..yes..Lately i have witnessed a few so-called prayers and realised that prayers are often rambling thoughts,.not focused,.often very cliche...Sometimes controlling or judgemental etc...I do concede that if done properly,.with true and good intentions etc,..that prayers do work..as does good thinking in general.

Best Answer

Respectful answer...

Best Answer

Its works as well as hanging your socks on your wall to end world hunger.

Best Answer

It works for me.

Best Answer

I hear all prayers. I just stopped answering them. I answered all prayers up until the first world war. I answered the ones in serious needs through the second war and after. I stopped answering prayers in 1966 during the cold war. It just didn't seem to pay off.

Best Answer

For me, prayer does work, but it works best when I also take action. I must do the legwork, Princess, but I let go of the results into god's hands(where they always are). If I am able to accept that god's will, not mine, is always done, then it is truly miraculous how simple, how easy and how much happier life becomes.

Best Answer

positive energy does stem from it.....but example; if you're just gonna lay there and pray you get a job and don't go out and look for one.....then no i don't believe it works singlehandedly.

Best Answer

Nice point...

Best Answer

Here's an answered prayer - When I was pregnant with my first and without a job, someone actually called me up out of the blue (whom I did not interview with nor apply) and gave me a job with benefits. I then in turn had medical insurance to cover my pregnancy. I get your point to look for a job, but God is not limited to only our actions.

Best Answer

hmm could be coincidence. if this happened every time you prayed then you might have a good point

Best Answer

I think so. its a matter of tuning in below the radar and using all your divine senses.

Best Answer

I'm happy someone believes that prayer works but the biggest prayer most believes pray for is world peace. Billions and billion have prayed for it but I feel that we are no closer to peace and understanding after all those prays. Sadly, I don't believe it works but I am happy to say that I believe in the goodness of most people and goodness will triumph over evil and hate.

Best Answer

Prayer is a part of life. I trust with prayer I can reach my Higher power. I have things things to get of my shoulders, and I believe with a lot of effort my suffering can end.

Asking to be forgiven, when I need to practice it myself.

Best Answer

No: Inaction never accomplished anything. Only getting up and and being proactive works.

What a lovely fairytale if we could make things happen by simply folding our hands and staring at our feet.

Best Answer

YES prayers work you just have to have patients and believe :)

Best Answer

Sometimes I feel like if you have to ask the question, then no. It all comes down to faith. If you don't believe it can happen, it won't.

Best Answer

Not sure anymore. Came to really know Jesus as my Savior in '99. Then came to know Him as Lord of my life, compelled by His love to study scripture, journal, and pray daily for about 10 years, most of that time sufferring debilitating health issues, betrayed by doubting friends, family, even wife. Then diagnosed over 2 years ago with end stage liver disease. Certainly not the vindication anyone would think to hope for, but I did think, "Aha, this didnt happen overnight, at least people who genuinely cared for me when I led and stayed involved in ministry will now see this has all been a real and dramatic battle for me."

Nope! Betrayed by nearly every meaningful human bond, my life each day more than 2 years after the rough diagnosis is nearly void of human interaction.

Poor me was not my intentions here. I'm angry with this God I though had revealed so much of his nature to me during the years I happily pursued. I've gone so far as to curse and rage at Him from my helpless state. I apparently learned nothing of what I thought regarding the nature of God. Though He once favored me and I thrilled at our communication through prayer, He has left me too long suffering beyond my ability to cope and has kept silent on how to access His way and/or power through it all. My hope is weak like never before, my faith feels crushed, but Job remains my friend through the simplicity that ended his suffering and trials.

Best Answer

My response to adversity for years has been gratitude that God trusted me with difficult trials. I've learned EVERYBODY has a breaking point, some folks never get brought to their own for whatever reason. That makes it easy to give advice and spout wisdom. I use to do that too but now I realize the best gift I can give to someone in the midst of adversity is my quiet, continued presence so they are not alone, patient listening, and unending compassion. Become familiar with Zophar, Bildad, and Eliphas - they had incredible insight into the nature of God and the nature of men, they each spoke many eternal truths, but in the end God rebuked them and seemed to have only wanted for them to be true and lasting friends to one who was suffering beyond his own breaking point.
I sincerely do not mean to respond hostile in any way and if you pick that up from me, I do feel it, but it's directed at God still, not at all you for being kind enough to try responding helpfully.

Best Answer

I love "Job"..one of my favorite chapters...My heart goes out to you, kind Sir....despite, will continue to pray for you, for it has worked for me so many times..

Best Answer

I'm not going to tell you to be happy about what has happened to you, or that it's just a part of life. Because no matter what way you slice it, it sucks. My dad was diagnosed five months ago with an inoperable, cancerous brian tumor. There are so many people angry about how God could do something like that to a man like my father, who has done nothing for himself since he found Christ. We may only have him for six months more. But he knows where he's going and knows that he's going to be happier than all of us once he gets home. My whole family and many of our church friends have spent time angry at God. Even David asked how much longer the Lord would ignore his cries. Our God is the kind that will let us rage and scream as much as we like, but never let go.

Best Answer

Thx PrincessM. Your question here evoked powerful responses. Stirred up my own garbage certainly, but that was needed. God and I will work it out, we always have. Yes, Job rocks when really looked into! Job, ch. 38 was how I first fell in love with the oldest book in the Bible...

Best Answer

I am sooo sorry for your own pain, but grateful for you having written exactly what you did here. I havent let go I realized a while back. My own words are no comfort recently, so though my thoughts are many I'll leave this with a sincere thank you and hope for comfort to come to you moment by moment.

Best Answer

Yes Honey, but you have to have faith in what you're praying for. Anything is possible through God.

Best Answer