That leaves Americans with 1.8 million less people with insurance then before Obamacare started. What do you think of this? Is this a huge win for Obama?
Stereoguy Stereoguy 46-50, M 11 Answers Mar 18 in Community

Almost all of that 6 million had policies that were written since the ACA was passed. Those insurers knew exactly what they were doing. They were selling, and usually pretty cheaply, insurance that they knew would not meet the new minimum standards when those standards were fully enacted. Those same policies were the very reason that people were going bankrupt, as most where considered catastrophic coverage only. My son and his wife were in this same boat. If you want to blame somebody, blame those insurance companies. By the way, this isn't from some liberal news source, this is own experience as a trustee of two self-funded health plans. I have been going to seminars and conferences about the ACA since it was passed. Getting people truly insured to a point where a visit to the ER won't bankrupt them is nothing to take lightly.

Best Answer

^This.

Best Answer

I thought Obama said that you could keep your health insurance if you were happy with it? Another lie I guess. No health insurance is perfect. Health insurance companies don not make money from paying tons of claims.

Best Answer

Insurance companies have to be held to some standards.

Best Answer

So why not hold the insurance companies to standards. Why force the people to do it individually?

Best Answer

Obama, when he made that statement, did not think that an insurance company would put profits ahead of people. That is exactly what they did. The only part Obama should have added was, as long as those policies met the minimum standards of the law. But with that said, he was still correct because those insurers are the ones that cancelled those policies, not the insured. The insurance companies are the ones that did not let the policy holders keep their insurance. Now that is a fact. The blame goes directly on the insurance companies, regardless of what Obama's opponents say. Now those are lies they are telling and when other people repeat them as fact, they too are lying.

The ACA also limits the amount of profits made by the insurance companies. They have to pay our about 82% of the money they receive for their policies, in claims. If they exceed that, they must issue rebates to the policy holders. Last year about 1 million people received rebates from their insurance companies due to the ACA.

As a trustee of the types of plans that I work with, I have my own issues with the ACA. It will kill multi-employer self-funded plans, like most construction building trades unions have. Most of those are those "Cadillac" plans you hear about every now and then. The ACA is not perfect, but it is a start. Those opponents of the ACA that actually know what is does now and will do in the future are terrified of it succeeding. The other opponents are just repeating the same old lines and have no idea what they are talking about. Don't be in that last group.

Best Answer

Phew, some sense, imho

Best Answer

Sorry to hear that. We had a similar experience, but we're able to stay afloat.

Best Answer

I just don't understand why such a great country has for the last 40 years trailed behind in access to health care for all its citizens. <br />
Well, I do really know why, I just find it disappointing.

Best Answer

Me neither, nor why so many object to Obamacare (the Clintons tried to bring this in, but were voted down). Private healthcare is a pretty vicious and misleading campaigner via doctors and insurance companies

Best Answer

Go online and watch the Daily Show segment where the reporter for Fox Business News is made a fool of over access to healthcare here in the US. That is stunning.

Best Answer

Thanks for the tip Tony53. Will take a look

Best Answer

It's one of the most expensive health care systems in the world because insurance companies and others scoop off massive profits. One example where the profit motive doesn't lead to greater efficiency at all - a more expensive system that means poor children can't access basic health services.

Best Answer

Yep, and that is what Obamacare is trying to address

Best Answer

I agree.

Best Answer

If you agree Stereoguy, why the question?!

Best Answer

The only people I know who think universal healthcare isa bad thing. Brainwashed, and the insurance companies are aiding and abetting that. Look, you'll never, ever be a rich Republican, no matter how hard you work as clearly your thinking isn't clear at all. Rich Republicans love suckers like you

Best Answer

what all these Obama bashers don't say is that this was a republican plan from the 90's re-done and voted into law by republicans....jeez

Best Answer

Wow! How did you come up with that? Was it in the Liberal Democrat weekly? I really feel sorry for you. :(

Best Answer

Don't feel sorry for me. Are you working, well-off, educated? No... I don;'t feel sorry for you. You just irritate me

Best Answer

I have been to college. I own my own business. I own my house 100%. I have a brain and i use it. That is why I feel sorry for people who don't. :(

Best Answer

And before you flip out I did vote for Clinton. I am not a die hard republican, but in this case Obama is just wrong.

Best Answer

I can't see evidence of you using your brain. Your question is dumber than dumb.

Best Answer

do your research before you make foolish statements

Best Answer

Sure I do. It was in the news this morning and I don't mean Fox either.

Best Answer

Thanks for the link Rodleo, The Clintons tried to bring this in too

Best Answer

ZZZZZZZZ...

Best Answer

casualties of a poor planning. Not seen the number who will loose work coverage yet. those numbers will stagger you. The stories not covered are those who lost medication coverage. Few at the beginning and now that's gone. The medication plans hooked to ins who got a reset and expose those in treatment.

Best Answer

Financially it probably is since he and his friends would know which companies to invest in.

Best Answer

Lol!! Good answer. Did you know that out of all the 4.2 million who have signed up that 1/3rd have never paid their premiums, so they have been cancelled.

Best Answer

Wait until these people go to the doctor and are told they have to pay a big deductable! The people that took most of these plans took the cheapest one that only pays 60% of the cost. Wait until they go to the hospital and have a bill and then they have to pay the rest!!! The Boy wonder sold these under educated Sheeple Bull ****!

Best Answer

Amen!!!

Best Answer

You had better stop watching FoxNews and taking al of their reporting as the truth. If you want to see something sad, go online and watch the Fox Business News reporter get schooled about the level of healthcare here in the US. Now that was pitiful.

Best Answer

Schooled!!? LOL--- how about the 'tool' doing the 'schooling' was using as examples the very people that Obama can't even get to sign up for 'free'.

Best Answer

In a state that did not expand their medicare coverage.

Best Answer

It is all one big Clusterfuck!!!

Best Answer

Yes it is!

Best Answer

What are your credentials to make this assessment?

Best Answer

Common sense. 1.8 million less people have insurance then before. How do you see this as a positive and good thing?

Best Answer

Not really. How is this an improvement to anything?

Best Answer

It's not. It was meant as a put down to Obama and the Democrat's.

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer