Scientists have recently grown a beefsteak from cow stem cells. The steak was reported to be very tasty, just like a real steak. However no animal was harmed in the production of the steak. If your objection to eating meat is that it requires killing animals, would you eat meat grown in this way?
krool1969 krool1969 41-45, M 8 Answers May 27, 2012

as a meat loving cook, my only issue with this is that most of the truly fantastic meats I have eaten were just that because of the diet of the animal, and to give this vat grown meat the same taste, well, artificial flavorings, which I detest. Also, I think I will wait several years to see the long term effects of this before considering swapping from once walkin and talkin(so to speak) animals. <br />
However, I do see the moral grey area this creates for vegans/vegetarians.

Best Answer

I'm vegetarian. I've heard of this before, and would never eat something like that. Completely unnatrual, discusting.

Best Answer

It annoys me when people advertise a product as "all natural" with the assumption natural is good and man-made is bad.
There are a great many chemicals that are "all natural" that can kill you in tiny amounts. For example botulinum toxin can kill you with a dose as small as 40ng!
On the other side a great many man-made chemicals are highly beneficial. Diethyl-meta-toluamide (DEET) is a highly effective insect repellent which prevents the spread of disease.

Best Answer

While I'm sure that some man-made products are beneficial to our bodies, I try to stick to these two rules: I have to be able to pronounce all the ingredients, and it has to be something that my grandma would recognize as food.

Best Answer

i'm not a vegetarian or vegan, and i wouldn't eat something like that. i prefer to eat natural foods.

Best Answer

lol meat farm from digimon

Best Answer

no, i'm a vegetarian..

Best Answer