JudeReed JudeReed 26-30, F 13 Answers Oct 28, 2011

exactly!

I don't get that either

Best Answer

I'm not a vegetarian, i eat real meat.

Best Answer

Some of them are vegetarians because they think it is healthier or have moral objections to killing animals, not because they don't like the taste of meat.

Best Answer

Yes true for many.

Best Answer

I don't know i think it further perpetuates the killing of animals if people still crave the taste of them regardless if they are really eating meat or not. It defeats the purpose of educating people about the cause. Don't eat meat because it kills animals and that's bad...but here have something that is flavored like meat we're telling you is bad to eat!. It doesn't make sense to me.

Best Answer

I'm not against animals being killed for food although I dont eat it. The reason I eat some soy products that sometimes taste like meat is because it is delicious and nutritious. I can't speak for all vegetarians but for me...I was forced to eat a lot of meat growing up and I was never really into meat. My BFF in High school was a vegetarian so I kinda got used to eating like she would when we went out. I got really grossed out in High School when I learned how some animals were mistreated killed. I learned alot of sickening stuff and that just did it for me.

Best Answer

Your moral stance against the killing of animals doesn't change your physical taste buds, just like being against promiscuity doesn't make sex feel bad. The ability to do this is what differentiates us from the animals.

Best Answer

Because it's not like meat is bad tasting... it's really good. It's just the eating former living things that bugs me. It is weird to like the taste of meat that much and be so against the source of how it got to be in front of your plate. I think about it every time I get imitation products, which actually is less and less often, now that I think of it. But it is a quandary, and that's the best answer I have.

Best Answer

Think its because they only become vegetarian for moral reasons. Personally I dont get it. I'm a vegetarian and people have often asked me why I dont eat those types of foods. If I wanted something that tasted like meat I would just eat meat

Best Answer

Eating a bloody piece of meat is gross to me.

Meat stays in your system for 3 days. I don't have to worry about mad cow disease and all the hormones given to the animals.

Soy products are yummy!

Best Answer

Aren't there pesticides, parasites, and microscopic organisms in fruits as well. I have a hard time eating apples, 'cause they have all those little holes in them from bugs.

Best Answer

Now a days no food is pure. Its all been messed with and there are thousands of things in our food. The only way to get away from them is to grow your own.

Best Answer

That's true. Pretty much all of our food is contaminated. I just don't like meat. It's just gross to me. I respect people that eat meat...but it's just not for me.

Best Answer

What, there's fake meat? That's just gross. I'm going to see if I can make a carrot out of bacon.

Best Answer

I don't know. I don't care.

Best Answer

yes, if i were to become a vegetarian it would be because i liked vegetables. that only happens sometimes, though. so i'm not.

Best Answer