I need to eat more healthy and lose weight, my issue is that I put on weight easily And if I don't each much "1 meal a day" i find it hard to function. I am thinking that if I was on a veggie diet that I could eat several meals a day and possible lose weight and satisfy my hunger? Anyone got any reccomendqtions on simple healthy recipes that are filling
sarahbethuk sarahbethuk 26-30, F 6 Answers Jan 31, 2013 in Food

Why not have both? A every healthy diet should not only have veggies, but fruits, grains, nuts and should include broiled or baked chicken, fish and an occasionally a piece of beef only 4 oz. which is about the size of your palm. Drink plenty of water, walk and take the stairs every chance you get. You can do it. Good luck!!!!

Best Answer

You need to eat protein to lose weight. A veggie only diet is going to be difficult to get the protein you need unless you eat a lot of beans. What works for many patients we deal with at the hospital, they will have a protein shake in the morning, a light lunch such as a sandwich made with diet bread and a piece of fruit and for dinner grilled veggies and a modest piece of lean chicken or fish. Drink lots of water and get 30 minutes a day of cardio. If you can do that, you will lose weight. Also, you can have a snack, such as a handful of almonds. You shouldn't starve yourself, you need protein to maintain lean muscle and also to keep hunger away. Also good is the Kashi go lean cereal, it has about 13 grams of protein in a serving. Another good choice is an egg for breakfast and a piece of diet bread toasted.

Best Answer

Slowly but surely; I started eating meat less and less a few years ago and just lost a taste for it (saves me a lot of money too).

Best Answer

1 meal a day isn't healthy, and it actually counteracts any weight loss that should be happening. Even if you lose weight that way at first, it will come back quickly as soon as your body gets out of starvation mode. <br />
Try staying away from red meats and sugar. If you drink a lot of soda, just cutting that out of your diet alone can make you lose 10-15 pounds fast. :) One of the best things I've ever tried though is keeping a food diary - I use an app on my phone because it calculates the calories for me, and it already has a lot of the calorie values stored for most foods, but you can do it yourself on pen & paper just as well. It really makes you aware of which foods you're eating are good or bad, and you're less likely to binge or go over your calorie limit if you're keeping a diary. If you need a good app suggestion, I like "Lose It" on Android, but there are a lot of others just like it. It even lets you record any exercise you do for the day and that subtracts the calories burned from the calories you've eaten (so if you exercise a lot one day, you can eat more calories without going over your limit).

Best Answer