plungesponge plungesponge 26-30, M 9 Answers Sep 28, 2012 in Community

Who knows, but I don't think I'll need to worry about it in my life time.

Best Answer

According to decades long suryveys of the greatest 100,000 scientists in the world, no there's nothing to worry about. Voyager 2 is just now exiting the solar system. Even at twenty times faster than a bullet it will take probably more than a hundred years to get anywhere. Just a sad fact of life when you live in the sticks as galactic neighorhoods go.

Best Answer

If a probe is what gets us destroyed and not the giant amounts of radiowaves, sstv signals, microwaves, a literal "homing beacon" to aliens (SETI programs), then I'd have to say the aliens that come after us deserve to win.

That said, I wonder if the aliens will find the original pioneer record and say "They can build deep space probes, but they haven't invented clothing?"

Best Answer

If Star Trek the motion picture is an accurate prediction of the future (which I'm pretty sure it is) there will be a few casualties once V-ger becomes self-aware, but in the end, Captain Kirk and Commander Spock will sort it all out.

Best Answer

No. Assuming the galaxy is crawling with life capable of interstellar travel, finding Voyager 1 or 2 is like finding a specific grain of sand on all the beaches of the earth while blindfolded. Space is HUGE.

Oh, and the base assumption... likely untrue.

Best Answer

Possibly!

Best Answer

No

Best Answer

No reason to regret it

Best Answer