I know several questions have been asked about this issue!! But hear is another!!! Just curious.
sneakyfox sneakyfox 41-45, F 17 Answers Apr 10, 2011

Cruelty to animals. Human beings are omnivorous in that we can consume our protein via either animal or vegetable means. Canines and felines are both carnivores. Carnivores digestive systems have evolved to eat animal protein only. Everything about their digestive system is built around that idea. That is not to say that the occasional fruit or vegetable is bad for a cat or dog, but as a regular diet you will slowly starve the poor animal to death while making it suffer through poor digestive health. Not recommended in other words.<br />
Update: I did forget to mention however that some 'human foods' are essentially poisonous to felines/canines. I believe grapes can kill dogs and chocolate does really bad things to dogs and cats digestive system and in enough quantity can kill them.

Best Answer

This may sound stupid but aren't cats and dogs naturally carnivores?

Best Answer

YES!!

Best Answer

I'm vegetarian, but my cats are not. They eat regular canned cat food, I really don't think it's a good idea to screw around with what's a normal diet for them.

Best Answer

If you do that.......it will cause deformities in the cats offspring.<br />
It will change the way their teeth grow in...<br />
all kinds of crap over generations....<br />
Why would you keep a cat from its natural feed????????????

Best Answer

definately not. they are not equipped to survive in a healthy way without meats and fats. it would be cruel and selfish to subject them to such treatment

Best Answer

he would eat a mouse or a snake when outside. I can't control his diet at all.

Best Answer

Not unless my pet had an unusual disease that prevented them from eating normal cat/dog food with animal in it. I haven't heard of such a thing though... what would you do?

Best Answer

Some people do this to their pets, but I would NOT!!

Best Answer

no-remember they were wild-they hunted and killed to eat------we made them pets and feed them ----got made them wild and they killed for meat ----so they must need protein in their diet like us=======

Best Answer

No, they have those big pointy teeth for a reason. Although right now my cat is chowing down on some discarded spinach he found in the sink. Go figure.

Best Answer

I'm vegan, my pets however are not and I would never do that to them. If a person wants to do this and can actually feed their pet a diet that's 100% HEALTHY for them then sure go for it. However, I just can't imagine the pet actually getting everything they need from a vegan diet. It's just not how they're built...<br />
This kind of reminds me of the parents that try to feed their newborns soy milk instead of breast milk or formula. Really ridiculous.

Best Answer

I met a vegan cat once and she was the healthiest specimen of a cat I have ever seen.

Best Answer

Shoreboy said it all, and very eloquently too. :-D

Best Answer

no way will i put my cat of dog vegan diet?

Best Answer