i have been dating a man for two months now, i came across a girl on his facebook that had messaged him. he told me this girl was in the middle of a divorce with him. He told me in the beginning f the relationship that he had been married soley because of the money he would get at one time. he never told me he was in the middle of a divorce. should i be mad?
allissaxx allissaxx 18-21, F 31 Answers Nov 4, 2012 in Romance & True Love

Strap on the steel-toed boots and start kicking this douchebag to the curb hard and fast. The fact that he married someone SOLELY for the money he'd get AND saw no problem with that fact and was willing to disclose this to you, reveal more about this man's lack of scruples than the fact that he kept you the dark about his pending divorce for two months.

Best Answer

First, I would never be in that situation because the moment he told me that he married for money, I'd be gone.

So...if later on you found out that he had misrepresented his singleness, then I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise. He lied to her. You knew it and continued with him. Now you've discovered that he has deceived you as well. Get mad about it if you want, but I honestly think it shouldn't come as a surprise. Mostly, if I were you, I'd be mad at myself for not having better priorities in men.

Best Answer

Yes, I'd be upset... but two months of dating isn't really that long. I'd just ask him why he didn't tell me, and decide if it was worth continuing to be upset after I'd heard him out.

Best Answer

If a man told me he married someone for her money, I'd know he wasn't a very honourable person; chances are he didn't tell HER, "I'm just in this for the money". So why would you be surprised that he wasn't dealing honestly with you ? Please.

Best Answer

you have the right to be mad however don't keep grudges... it will do you no good... stay away from that man...if he can do that to that lady, he can also do that to you too...he's not been honest with you

Best Answer

Of course, but more at me than at him. You only lost two months to the bum and you need to get out. He has a plethora of personality problems, and this is a huge red flag.

Best Answer

mad yes, surprised no.....ur yng, u have a lot to learn about men ;)

Best Answer

You did not care he married for money.

Best Answer

hmmm what else isn't he telling you that should be your question ??

Best Answer

Yes, You should have been told first thing and thats all there is to that. If he holds something like that back from you then what other important matters might he be hiding ?

Best Answer

Ummmm, yes. How far 'in the middle' of a divorce is he, I wonder? Not that it matters. He has not been honest from the get go. He's trying to have his cake and eat it, too. I'm sorry that he's already wrapped you around his life. It is hurtful of him!

Best Answer

what a doosh :D ditch him

Best Answer

I'd listen to his explanation. Not everything is black and white.

Best Answer

yes! that is terrible

Best Answer

You should feel violated. It constitutes a severe breach of trust.

Best Answer

no cause at least he was man enough to tell you, but you do have a right to be mad because he should have told you as soon as you and him got together. look at my boyfriend i have been with for about 3 years and he still hasnt done **** about. Now that is to get mad about.

Best Answer

yes

Best Answer

two months is hardly and investment in a relationship

Best Answer

How does one just " happen to come across " something on a persons f/b page ? What was the tone of what this " girl " was saying ?

I think the latter of my two questions is of most importance. If she was begging and clingy, then it might not be as " over " as he's telling you.

If the girl was angry, I'd also pay attention to that. Her anger may be a telling result you should pay attention to along with the fact that you are just now being told about this aspect of his life.

If these two months ( wait til you can say 27 years ) are thought by you to be exclusive, him not telling you puts you in possible danger.

She could be spiteful and stalking, which could then transfer to you.

Best Answer

I'd be angry but I'd hear him out too.

Best Answer