It usually seems like I'm the one counseling everyone else, but something's wrong with me. I'll start off by saying that I'm the chill one, I let people do what they wanna do because I know what it feels like to be held back. You have my boyfriend, a comedic and social masterpiece who underneath the skin is depressed and insecure (Not because of me, he's been hurt countless times and we've been dating for a month and a half). He cut himself once a while back, (we were dating when it happened, so I bashed myself over it of course) and he once talked of suicide. That has pretty much nothing to do with what I'm about to say so I'll get to the point... He goes out with his friends sometimes. Guy friends. His boys. They go mudding and go in caves and all that redneck stuff. It just gets under my skin, for no reason. My logic tells me that he's having fun with his friends and to back the f*** off, but my feelings say I don't like it. He comes near death a lot of times. Idk what's up.
VivaVidalian VivaVidalian 36-40, F 5 Answers Jul 10 in Dating & Relationships

Its called life baby only the strongest survive. Meaw < probably misspelled that.

Best Answer

It sounds like you're under a lot of pressure. Maybe you just need to make some time for yourself and escape all of these worries. If you're worried about your partner self harming or having destructive thought, that's perfectly reasonable. Is there a helpline you can call locally?

Best Answer

could be over-protectiveness because of the near death scenarios? or if you're constantly worried about his mentality it could make you angry he's putting himself into situations you might think he can't handle?

Best Answer

That sums it up pretty well. He even told me he likes the near-death because it's "entertaining" (thrilling), and that chills me to the bone.

Best Answer

yeah it sounds like it would hah, but i reckon if its something he loves doing it could be pretty good for him, it lets him vent things out or distract himself

Best Answer

That is true. It's just I'd rather him pick a less threatening hobby, like cod haha

Best Answer

we all go through cycles like this... perfectly normal.

Best Answer

You are mothering him. You need a partner not a child.

Best Answer

You're right, actually.

Best Answer