Not enough details given to tell, but the justice system works slowly. In a perfect world (well in a perfect world, the owner would have trained their dog, since pits are very trainable)...<br />
In a perfect world, the time would be testing the dog and deciding if he can be rehabilitated and rehomed, if there was a medical reason for the bite, finding out the owner's past pet ownership history, etc. But really, it's a lot of the court system "checking" itself, to figure out how to proceed legally.

Best Answer

was taking a walk when a charging dog came at me started biting my upper arms had a goose down coat when he realized he could make contact he ran around me charged me to knock me into the road.my husband pulled him several times off and he keep coming back biting my feet and legs and inner thigh my husband realized he wasnt stopping throw himself on me the dog stopped and went to owners yard guy came out said show me.two guys stopped helped me out of the road the owner said oh dont worry ill pay for every thing kinda laughing.well went to er and no records of shots or rabies or any thing to this day waiting for a hearing to have the dog taken away.should of never happened and good luck to the next victim this guy has a criminal record.

Best Answer

Anyone who adopts a dog, it should be manditory to bring them to the vet yearly for shots- and anyone who has a past criminal record should be thoroughly examined before they are put ANYWHERE near as loyal as a dog as a pit bull.
What is sounds like is that he was untrained (CLEARLY!) and he saw your coat and thought, "Hey, time to play!". No trained pit would dare do that- most would rather lick you to death. Also, he wasn't trying to push you into the road. Dogs think very simply, their motives are not human, nor are they nearly ever of malice- they work off of fear, playfulness, happiness and protectiveness.
Again, I am very sorry this happened to you. The surplus of backyard breeders spitting out pitbull leads to it being very easy to get your hands on a dog, but not do anything that a dog owner should do with him/her. I would ask whoever is taking care of your report what the HECK is going on, and what is keeping them from making a decision! Two weeks is long enough.

Best Answer

hearing is jan 25th the day after my birthday will see what happens to the dog. i dont blame the animal but the owner! thanks!

Best Answer

You're welcome. Good luck with the hearing!

Best Answer

Our lovely overcrowded "justice" system

Best Answer