This is one of the first steps according to the website, and a friend communicating over the phone to the CEO of the YMCA. I just want ideas on how to make the leaders of our community warm up to the idea of a YMCA. Our town doesn't have anything except a Walmart. We use to have a skating rink. We can use the city pool in the summer, and there is tennis and golf. It's just not much, and we want better for our kids. I feel like the only way the influential will care is if I can give a good case as to let them know, what is in it for them. I would love to hear from someone that has done this before, but all ideas are beneficial.
gazingupwards gazingupwards 31-35, F 6 Answers Jan 21, 2012

1) identify influential people in community <br />
2) sell ur ideas

Best Answer

If you were to write out a script for me to memorize and say.... if you were in my shoes... tell me how it would go.. When two or more heads work together, then a masterpiece of an idea can be formed.. So, number one .. we are gathering a list.. and this question refers to number 2) sell ur ideas.. I am on this site to gather your ideas.. or whoever has them.

Best Answer

Call your local elected officials. If they won't help, keep going higher.

Best Answer

We have a few sports in our town but thats it..We use to have a swimming pool but that closed years ago.We have a great deal of kids that cant swim..We have two prisons in our town that the city makes money off of the sweat of the people but nothing for the kids to do but get in trouble for anything and everything..Our teens have nothing to do but party and get pregnant.Please help....

Best Answer

Are you sure your community has enough people to support a YMCA, is you couldn't even support a skating rink?

Best Answer

the roof caved in on one Skating rink, the other the owner's teenage boy was in a car wreck that completely paralyzed him.. Population of town is 10,703. There is a YMCA in a larger town 40 miles away. We are wanting to be a branch off of this one. There are also several small communities near our town.

Best Answer

Well, I would suggest going to council meetings and talking to those who are the wheels of the local government.

Best Answer

Our community dont have much of anything close by for our youth. The closest gym facilty is more than 10 miles away. It would be nice to have a ymca in the area for the young and old.

Best Answer