Last year I made a friend and at first this person was as nice and helpful as I was with other people. We liked a lot of the same things, it was great. We fell on hard times and she ended up giving us her truck (waited a year to put it in my name just in case she wanted it back ) and I paid the insurance on it during this time. I felt I owed her big time, so I was at her beck and call. I even asked my Husband to take back a wedding ring replacement set because I wanted to take her Holiday shopping for her kids, something she said she couldn't do. She recently asked me to help her with a couple other things including Halloween costumes for her kids and then spent the same amount on needless things like hair dye. I ended it the day she made my husband and I late for a VA appointment because I was waiting to take her kid to school and she already had and did not bother to text, call or anything. There is a lot more to it, but not enough space. Am I wrong for ending it?
beefrog2012 beefrog2012 26-30, F 3 Answers Nov 21, 2012 in Loss of a Friend

sometimes boundries are too crossed once too many times. You've got to decide when that point arrives. You have to do what make things healthy for you and your family. Sad but true...sometimes you have to lose a friend when that friendship becomes toxic.

Best Answer

Thank you for your answer. I don't feel bad that I ended it, I think what I'm feeling is just sad. I feel like I was baited with the truck and then when I did as much as I could do to pay her back, she spat in my face.

Best Answer

i underrstand..i've done the same thing as you with a friend whose alcoholic behaviour finally became poison. I still feel a little sadness 15yrs later.

Best Answer

Whether you are right or wrong for ending it depends on your reason. When you start a new friendship nothing is ever exactly the way it seems. If you have made a reasonable effort to be friendly and it seems like your 'friend' is just taking advantage of you, then you probably did the right thing. I know from experience it can be hard to see when a 'friend' is doing you wrong. The only consolation I have found is the knowledge that you can not lose a friend that you never really had to begin with.

Best Answer

Thank you. Let me put it this way, the missed appointment was the last straw. She delighted in calling me blonde and stupid. She talked bad about my Husband when he objected to me being over at her place everyday. I felt run down all the time and started feeling bad about hanging out with my Husband on day that I didn't go over to visit.

Best Answer

Yeah...that sucks...

Best Answer

beefrog2012 it sounds to me as if you are better off without her. With 'friends' like this who needs enemies?

Best Answer

(which I only put in my name this year to make sure she didn't want it back) <br />
and i stopped there.

Best Answer

Thanks for a reply

Best Answer