http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRHWfJy0GHc
guardsvan guardsvan 41-45, M 4 Answers Jan 4 in Community

I didn't watch the video. . . But of course, your perception of things changes based on factors of life. Wealth is definitely one of them.

Best Answer

Welcome back .

Best Answer

Ummmm. . . Ok

Best Answer

Absolutely. You have more of a perspective if you have jumped social classes in your lifetime. Nowadays, people increasingly end up living and communicating only with people of their own socio-economic class, leading to groupthink. And different groups do misunderstand one another. (I have had the benefit of significantly interacting with groups ranging from blue collar/working class to the uber rich. Views of the world vary hugely.)

Best Answer

I think you are right. But on the socio-economic class jurisdiction, do you think , they ganged up because they want to raise to the next level ? This is psychology.

Best Answer

I think people tend to stay with what they know and tend to distrust what they don't know. I also think people like to blame others for what they see as injustices or some lack in their lives. The Internet is making it easier to connect with only people just like you. It is becoming increasingly difficult (but not impossible) to raise to the next level. People with lots of means are concerned that they or their children might slip down a few pegs. It is amazing the extent to which the uber rich have their "enclaves" throughout the world that are known and accessed only by them. They are largely completely shut off from the way everyone else lives. A prime example is not using commercial air transport. Using your own jet is much more convenient.

Best Answer

Why do you thintk the 'uber rich' made it to the 'uber rich' category ? Some quality that other don't possess. Whatever it could be. But they do have a strain of 'uber rich' built in them. So why not contemplate on why we should accuse successful people and instead accept things they are .

Best Answer

Malcolm Gladwell's book, Outliers, explains why some people are wildly successful. I think it is a combination of many things: (1) good habits (work hard, spend less than you make, learn something new each day, etc.), (2) hard work, (3) being in the right place at the right time, (4) coming from a background (upper middle class?) that gives you an extra push early on and (5) being endlessly driven (and perhaps even scared/worried). And I almost overlooked (6) possessing intelligence. Growing up in the ghetto under the conditions of no intact family, drugs, extreme violence, etc. makes it virtually impossible to reach the highest levels of success. People who succeed from that background are to be highly commended. On the other hand, if you did the following while growing up, you are likely to be on the trajectory to success: attended an elite school, traveled the world, discussed world politics with parents, experienced Outward Bound or NOLS, tinkered with computers, read every day, got involved with school governance, volunteered in the community, etc.

Best Answer

How are your points 1,2,4 and 5 are different ?

Best Answer

The interesting thing about (5) [being endlessly driven] is that if you are not endlessly driven, if you are comfortable in your own skin and with your current lifestyle and if you are not worried about the future, you are not likely to be driven to make increasingly crazy amounts of money. Money becomes an obsession for some people. The more you have, the more you want more. It begins to define you and it becomes your security blanket. I know people who gauge the overall worth of other people almost solely by their net worth. Not healthy at all, in my estimation.

Best Answer

Pardon me. I from what I see from your profile am slightly younger. What is this 'endlessly driven cra$$p'? I apologize earnestly for using that word. But what is the 'endlessly driven' thing ?

What for ? To what end ?

Personal gratification ? Photo Ops ?

Or that 'Miss world ' notion of 'World peace' ?

Best Answer

I think #4 helps with 1, 2, 3 and, to some degree 6. Growing up in the right household makes a huge difference. I think 5 can exist in people regardless of the type of household they grow up in. I think #5 is the primary way people rise from the ghetto to riches. They are so driven to shake away how and where the grew up and no distance is far enough from that. I think working class people can be motivated int he same way. (I want to live as far away from a factory as possible.) But upper middle class people can feel this too. (I need to please Mom, and so far I haven't. Remember that one "B" I got in gym? She was furious. I need to do a lot better if she is ever going to be proud of me.)

Best Answer

Again pardon me. UPPER MIDDLE CLASS BECAME UPPER MIDDLE CLASS because some one 'ROSE' from GHETTOS some 50 years ago. They have fought their way up in an unprecedented way. They had their travesties. They did not win LOTTERIES.

Today , you sit in your arm chair and talk like Mao Zhedong ? I am sorry. This is nonsensical.

Best Answer

Do you accuse some one cos he / she is not a moron like you ? Looked for opportunities and worked hard ?

You accuse em cos he or his children are RICH "TODAY "?

Howmuch effort went into building a walmart, google or microsoft or ever berkshirehathway?

Best Answer

I don't know if you are responding to me, but I am not accusing anyone of anything. I happen to be a person who was smart, lucky and worked hard. I rose from working class to wealthy. In rising through the social classes, I have friends who are poor, working class, middle class, upper middle class, wealthy and uber-rich. I feel as though I can see the world from each of their perspectives. My point about being endlessly driven has to do with waking up and realizing that money and status isn't everything. It is about being able to consciously decide to get off the upward mobility merry-go-round even if you are fully capable of climbing the socio-economic ladder ever higher. My point also is that some people are working class of their own choice - they love what they do, they are comfortable with themselves and they have no ambition to run the world one day or anything even close to that. I celebrate that. They have a sense of perspective. I know people who think making $40 million a year is not enough because they know people who make more. I think that is a sickness as much as alcoholism is. I am neither a moron (IQ 180+) nor a communist. I made my fortune the old fashioned way -- as a capitalist. And I decided to exit the merry-go-round once I became wealthy. I did not need to become uber-rich, though several of my friends are.

Best Answer

my perception on how poor i am would greatly change if i had wealth , wouldn't be so darn needy and could then always get what i wanted or needed , like a faster computer system than my 783 mghz piece of crap

Best Answer

If I had a gun

Best Answer