Not if you have deuteranopia, Daltonism or achromatopsia (all medical terms for color blindness)<br />
50% of women are tetrachromatic, which means they have 4 types of cone receptors instead of the usual 3 (trichromatic). They can actually see more colors. For example, in a rainbow, trichromatics can see 7 colors: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet. But tetrachromatics can distinguish 10.<br />
It also seems to be true that women, in general, are better able differentiate colors in the red-orange range of the color spectrum. That's why a woman may see ob<x>jects as crimson, Chinese red, maroon or tomato and an man will see red.

Best Answer

Hahahaha that last part made me laugh.

Best Answer

It's why my husband and I argue over shades of red lol, and he's an eye doctor

Best Answer

you are correct, i'm in collision industry, women do better at matching colors than guys, guys don't have certain colors in their brain as women do, proven fact, guys see is color chart, women see in broader scale, upbringing is cause, i was paiter and have the extra colors coz i was around all the time,ut most men see limited range of colors. sorry guys.

Best Answer

How would one know?

Best Answer

Science? Idk this has always fascinated me.

Best Answer

I've always wondered that! I mean really how do we know? I can see what red is to me, and I learned that from a standard color chart, but how would I know if my red is different than yours? It's red to you too.

Best Answer

Well not if you are color blind, I had a friend run through a red light after I just told her at the stop light keep going unless it turns yellow. I guess I should of thought about that one before she asked me to show her how to drive. I just thought she was Gothic with all the black and grey crap.

Best Answer

I've wondered that, too!

Best Answer

We all don't taste the same... so my guess is that even though colors look unique to most of us (there is color blindness) I doubt we all decode it to the exact same thing in our minds... my guess is its similar though,

Best Answer

I guess yeah well who gives a f***<br />
jk lol idk :P

Best Answer