Sometimes, like playing a really good video game or watching a good movie, we become too enthralled and intrigued by the character we're hiding behind that it becomes just too fun to take off that mask. It's like wishing Halloween lasted a few more days, and every day adding a few more. Then at that point the mask becomes so much a mental part of you, it feels hard (if not, painful) to take it off, because it's just too damn fun to wear.

Best Answer

I like this. I'm ready to free my mask.

Best Answer

time to remove the skin. painful? F YA. is it worth it.. there will always be bittersweets to an action.. question is... do you like where you are now?

Best Answer

The ideology that represent's the ego of who we are/ who we want to be/ what we want others to see without liking what we are ourselves. As too such we are what we eat, or how we view others perceive us, without truly shedding light on the character we are in the dark

Best Answer

I kind of like the way Bujold put it in "Mirror Dance" -Mark is an abducted child, brutally raised to be a child assassin, who is getting to know his biological parents for the first time - but observing them from hiding , because stealth is what he knows - "Mark had observed many people in their private moments. The Count and Countess, in their private moments, looked remarkably the same as they did in their in their public moments...so that is what integrity looks like, he thought to himself....imagine that."

Best Answer

Very true.<br />
Kurt Vonnegut said, in Mother Night, "We are what we pretend to be. So we must be very careful what we pretend to be."

Best Answer