mikanippon mikanippon 22-25, F 12 Answers Sep 2, 2011

Real love is neither blind nor deaf. Real love awakens one's mind, heart and senses to the beauty all around them, and the wonder to be found in the smallest things.

Best Answer

i've never heard love is deaf. but i would imagine it means you stay together no matter what others say.

Best Answer

Some guy tolerates living with a nag.

Best Answer

Infatuation is blind, but it is not deaf, and that is why true love is a rare thing.

Best Answer

It must mean you've got a voice like Fran Drescher *lol* :.P

Best Answer

It means you don't hear the terrible things your...lover...says. Or you don't realize what their personality really is like.

Best Answer

Being blinded and defeaned by love means you cannot/will not see or hear the warning signs when someone does or says things that would ring alarm bells if you were not emotionally entangled with them.

Best Answer

I thought that "love is blind" meant that true love disregards all differences and does not discriminate. Anyone can fall in love-- and more importantly, anyone can fall in love with anyone. Does that make sense? Love does not settle in the hearts of just some people, but can be found by all... also, it does not matter who finds whom, any two people can be in love despite their differences in race, religion, sex, etc.. At least that's what it means to me. Now... "love is deaf" might mean that love is not affected by what others have to say. If people are in love and it is true, it will triumph over people who wish to discourage it.

Best Answer

These little quotes are somewhat ignorant to the fact that blind and deaf people actually have the ability to discriminate just as well. Idk sorry to ruin the moment, but it's a bit silly to think that deaf people still can't receive messages and blind people cannot tell the difference between one thing and another. It's just a bit ignorant of people's abilities despite their handicaps-- right or wrong.

Best Answer

I totally agree with Abbey because True Love is neither blind or deaf. <br />
This is my understanding of where "love is blind" comes from because sometimes it feels like we should have seen things when we somehow missed clues about something important. And this usually is used after our heart is broken, by someone we love. <br />
So, even though this is the first time hearing the saying that "love is deaf". I am fairly sure "love is deaf" comes from the same kind of thinking, meaning it feels like we somehow missed some clues (something that was/wasn't said) about something important. Once again, this is probably used after we learn a loved one has betrayed our trust.

Best Answer

Love is blind, in that through the feelings of love we, sometimes, cannot see; it's no different than the adage of looking at the world through rose coloured glasses. There is also the adage which says; "There is none so blind as he who will not see"; the key to this phrase is *will not* rather than *cannot* see. And this is how the adage of love being blind comes into play.<br />
I too haven't heard of "Love is deaf" but I can see where it makes sense. It works (for me) in *exactly* the same way as the person who will not see; love becomes 'deaf' if we *will not* hear rom choice rather than cannot hear. Does this make any sense?<br />
~F~

Best Answer

What they mean is Dove is leaf..............and the next time you hear a dove - listen very carefully...............what they are really saying is ' My shoes hurt'

Best Answer