Absolutely. Language gives a lot of clues. In U.S. and English culture, love is not really valued so we only have one word, love, to cover a lot of subjects. English culture focuses on feudalism, money, and property so our language has many complex labels for the different aspects of the subjects.

Best Answer

What is love then?

Best Answer

Wish I knew. :).

Best Answer

very true- it is easy to think you are attracted to someone whose presence makes us feel good about ourselves.

Best Answer

Love... and interesting word. I think that we're attracted to different 'kinds' of people at various times of our lives for different reasons. When we're young, we subconsciously choose mates that will produce the best offspring, while, when we grow older, companionship and mutual interests become more important. It seems to me that you're talking about 'gold-diggers', and they're not acceptable people at any age.

Best Answer

Perhaps, but I still don't know what love is, even having been in love several times. I can't properly explain it, but if I was trying to work out whether I was in love by some criteria, those would be a good starting point.

Best Answer

well if you ask me to define love...i dont have any ansrs..

Best Answer

Sadly, yes.

Best Answer

Dead on. It happens all the time.

Best Answer

Hopefully we do not depend on such factors to define love. Love is a sense of purpose to respect, support, care for, enjoy, protect, cherish and adore your partner in life. Physical attraction or chemistry is certainly nice but does not define love. Emotional rather than social security is more important to me. Emotional loyalty specifically. Social status is of no consequence as i seek no particular hierarchy of social standing. Just want to live a good and honest life. Love is that consistent thrill you get when interacting with your loved one on a daily basis. They continuously fascinate you with their ideas, intelligence, sense of humor and adventure. It is very important to pay attention to our emotions and what is really going on in our interactions with others, so as not to make mistakes in the realm of love :) Friendship first and then love :)

Best Answer

Some people can't distinguish between physical attraction to someone and emotional/inner beauty attraction to someone. They develop romantic feelings for anyone with a pretty face.I don't fall in love with every physically attractive person I meet or crush on every physically attractive person I meet. For some people, physical attractiveness is more important to them and for when they are choosing a love partner than the person's actual personality. Love is...in my opinion, love should be a mostly positive experience-where the other person is inspired to become a better/more hard working or compassionate person after the person falls in love with someone. Call me crazy, but I believe that a person's inner beauty can almost always outshine the person's exterior beauty...that because a person is a wonderful and kind-hearted and compassionate, etc. person inside, that this can only add to the person's outer beauty. But physical attraction is one of the key components to why we are attracted to who we tend to become attracted to. You can't be in love with someone and at the same time, be completely shallow and not be physically attracted to the person.

Best Answer

That's the complexity. And all of us claim we know what is love.

Best Answer