Keep in mind I'm mostly being silly right now.
siamul siamul 22-25, M 6 Answers Dec 4, 2012 in Hobbies

No but helping people because it makes you feel good probably is

Best Answer

No it means **** them before they **** you

Best Answer

In the best way possible. I always say that every little thing I do for someone else shows how selfish I am, because it makes me feel so good to do it. Being selfish isn't the worst thing in the world, if it benefits others as well.

Best Answer

I am a total believer in this if people are nice to me I am nice to them, treat others as you would want to be treated yourself.........Easy life aspect.

Best Answer

But which comes first? If niceness is dependent on external forces, then what if the world were in a state of deadlock, where everyone was mean to everyone? How would niceness come about?

Best Answer

You have a very good point, it is probably better to ignore most of society now as they are scum, or wanting something, a sad world for 2013 and onward's.

Best Answer

nice question i think the answer is different depending on who you ask

Best Answer

Yes..actually everything we do and has ever been done is for selfish reasons.

Best Answer

I disagree. Those things we do out of habit or with a focus only on others' needs are not necessarily motivated by their rewards, even though they sometimes have them. I believe altruism is possible, and I've done it myself. For example, there are some parents who try to raise their children right just so their children will have nice lives, and not for any personal gratification or sense of duty. They just genuinely care about others enough to help.

Best Answer

and therefore they do it for selfish reasons.. they do it because they have a drive in themselves that makes them want to help others. If they were to not help other people they would feel awful. Don't confuse Selfishness with greed, they are two different concepts.

Best Answer

No, you've misunderstood my point. Yes, they would feel awful if they didn't do it. And yes, they might feel great after they've done it. But that doesn't mean they consciously thought about any of that in the process of making the decision. When I helped a lady I barely knew move back into her house, it wasn't because I feared the discomfort I would feel otherwise. All I thought about was how much her situation sucked, and how there was a need I could fill. It was the need itself and my capacity to fill it that motivated me, not the personal pros and cons of helping or not helping.

Best Answer