Badina Badina 46-50, F 14 Answers May 23, 2012

The question assumes that animals have the same level of consciousness and self awareness as humans. There is no reasonable basis for that assumption. Animals form bonds with humans, but it would be wrong to say that they think about us.

I do believe that animals can be emotional. Dog are pack animals, which means that bond with others. When bonds are broken, there is an emotional reaction.

It is the concept of "Thinking" that supposes a level of congnition that I don't believe animals possess.

Someone once said, "Dogs have owners . . . Cats have staff."

Best Answer

I disagree. Otherwise, why would they miss us when we go away for an extended time. Examples:my dog would go up to window of neighbor even after she passed away, my cat missed my husband so much that he walked around the house crying loudly, the cat calmed when I put fabric with husbands scent on it in the cats bed and my dog was upset when I was in the hospital for 2 weeks.

Best Answer

So your opinion is that our pets bond with us, but don't sit around thinking about us. I would agree that cats have staff.

Best Answer

Ok . . . the dog and cat bit is a joke. . . . . It would be most difficult to prove that pets spend time "thinking" about us, if by thinking you mean something on a par with human congnition. My assumption is that cats and dogs have limited faculties.

Best Answer

This is what I think what my rabbit would say to : "Stop asking me to lick you. Come and massage me now!" (cause I always ask her to lick me .. after a lick, she will position her head under my palm and wait for me to pet her haha)

Best Answer

Reading animals brains is easy. Humans are a little bit more difficult but not impossible by no means. They communicate with each other and rarely try to communicate with us, unless they are wanting our attention.

Best Answer

Why the hell won't he let me eat just one more turd?

Best Answer

Humans just don't understand how good it is.

Best Answer

I have a fish. He likes me. He'd never talk smack behind my back but then again he's a beta so he has to live alone.

Best Answer

The loners of the fish world.

Best Answer

I think they secretly hate us

Best Answer

they probably talk about the IQs of the people in that show, American Shore

Best Answer

WTF?

Best Answer

maybe the same stuff but pertaining to us

Best Answer