Mynoshh Mynoshh 31-35, M 13 Answers Sep 27, 2012 in EP

As an old guy (61) I definitely fear old age much more. Death itself will be a sort of relief. The misery of losing my hearing, eye sight, and the million and one other little things that make life worth living is what I fear. I am losing my friends and loved ones to death already. Eventually, everyone who really knew me will be gone. Old age sucks regardless of what the eternal optimist wish.

Best Answer

I think the same way. I fear old age purely for all this reason you mentioned. Its a blessing my grandmother use to say was 105yrs. People think its easy but people are not nice when you start ageing i see it all the time. I hope your well thank you.

Best Answer

There is no dignity in being old or even a centuarian if there is little or no quality in your life left to be dignified about; better quality than quantity everytime. Thank you.

Best Answer

Easy: Ageing. Ageing is the cruelist joke or disease nature has played. It is not death that scares me but the way we die (or I die). That is what is important. Death is only the end of a long process called life and that is what kills you.

Best Answer

Neither...its a part of life that we all have to accept.

Best Answer

Death doesn't scare me very much. Some people here talk about old age as something inevitable and say you have to accept it. As long as you remain relatively healthy, old age may not be too bad. But everything changes if you become very sick or handicapped. Those who say they'll accept old age don't have that kind of problem (yet). Old age isn't the same thing for everyone.

Best Answer

None. I want to experience everything that life has to offer. As a matter of fact, both of them thrill me.

Best Answer

When you'll get older, at least you live and get to meet everybody you loves. When you're dead, you can't meet them.

so death. but it's natural (if not someone gets murdered, suicide, accident, then it's "unatural" if you can say that)

Best Answer

But death does not have suffering after. old age has all sorts of problems than the life.

Best Answer

Honestly, I've wasted too much time being afraid of the inevitable. The future isn't guaranteed.. So we should all just focus on here and now, for fear of losing everything we love at the moment.

Best Answer

I agree, but at some point that has to be addressed i guess

Best Answer

At the moment, neither of them scares me very much. You'll find that when you get older, there are compensations for the way your body starts to fall apart. My only fear is running out of money.

Best Answer

I'm afraid of the part right before death. Maybe I won't be if I get old enough to be ready to die.

Best Answer

That part before death is unknown.....it could be anytime

Best Answer

I just meant the letting go. I've watched too many people die. It's horrific to me whether they've died of old age or of traumatic injuries. It's the lack of control that scares me.

Best Answer