Why would anybody want to work, when they can afford to lay around all day doing nothing?
dskdw25q9n dskdw25q9n 61-65, M 13 Answers Nov 16, 2013 in Community

They're doing something they enjoy, or they just like feeling productive and useful.

Best Answer

That's how they stay rich.....

Best Answer

Not everyone is lazy. Being a productive citizen is a lifestyle. Not a choice.

Best Answer

Workaholics.......

Best Answer

work aholics , they don't know how to relax , they would go nuts with nothing to do , personaly i think its a shame they don't leave and give a younger person a chance for a job

Best Answer

they get high off of work, their lives actually suck and they would rather be at work. My boss is like that, I'm pretty sure he hates his wife.

Best Answer

They don't like laying around doing nothing, that's why they're wealthy.

Best Answer

Some wealthy people do like laying around doing nothing. Evidently wealth can make you lazy and wanting the good life.

Best Answer

None of the wealthy people I know. And, I live in an area with a lot of very wealthy people.

Best Answer

I live within a half-hour's drive of the White House and US Capitol. I guess that qualifies me to likewise say that I live around a lot of very wealthy people. Very misleading, however.

Best Answer

I live in Cupertino CA, home of Apple, in the heart of Silicon Valley. I know people who have retired and then went back to work because they wanted to keep busy.

Best Answer

When you say, "I know people", are you alluding to one person or do you really know lots of people who have returned to work after retiring? I ask because people have a funny way of using the plural to make a point, even when their evidence is one instance.

Best Answer

Well, I personally know four, one being my father. I know of three others. Over probably the last 10 years.

Best Answer

Having a wealthy father is almost as good as being wealthy yourself. Too bad that he is still alive. You need that inheritance.

Best Answer

Because people like you want to tax the heck outta them. And they're not stupid: they know they will need that money to pay for your healthcare. Smh.

Best Answer

You are presumptuous to pretend to know what I want, particularly since I am a total stranger.

Best Answer

they are rich because they are driven by hard work...

Best Answer

Most hard-working people live from paycheck to paycheck. Clearly, then, hard work is what makes people wealthy.

Best Answer

were talkin about rich people..not your everyday Joe...rich people work very hard to build their empires

Best Answer

No they don't work very hard. It takes money to make money. It also takes the kind of opportunity only afforded to those who are well connected. Random events also have to play in your favor.

Best Answer

smh.... you asked why rich people don't all of a sudden get lazy...its because they are driven by hard work...they love to work...your average joe may "work hard" but he hates it in the process... rich, successful people cant just hit the stop button once they make their fortune...its not in their dna....understand?

Best Answer

You average Joe hates work because your average Joe is a powerless person, working from paycheck-to-paycheck for an idiot boss. A wealthy person is more likely self employed and motivated by being in greater control of his fate.

Best Answer

lol..yeah..and your point? I answered your question...you're all over the road now

Best Answer

Don't blame me. It's my question; and yet, you are insisting on having the last word.

Best Answer

geezuz chriss.... its like dealin with an 18yo kid

Best Answer

See. I was right. It's my question, but you are insisting on having the last word, so much so that it has digressed to name calling.

Best Answer

are you for real?..come on you jus trollin me right? lol

Best Answer

They have worked for so many years that retiring can become boring, it's important for them to keep the cash flow going.

Best Answer

Retirement can't be that boring, when you can afford to do whatever you want.

Best Answer

They love what they are doing......... :)

Best Answer

That can happen, when you are your own boss instead of working for some assshole.

Best Answer