I'm 19 yrs old and I have been struggling with insomnia and panic attacks for a while now. But lately it seems to be getting worse. Almost a month ago, I started to get full body tightness after a workout, but when I hydrated and got sleep I was fine. Last Sunday, it started to come back so I stopped working out this week, but it goes away after I sleep but comes back. Sometimes I feel so tight and stuff I'm afraid I'll stop breathing =( I went to the Dr's and they said it's probably mostly anxiety but I can't be more fully looked at until the 26th. I've been falling asleep in the afternoon and waking up at 11pm-12am and I end up awake all night. I'm very fatigued, but afraid to fall asleep when I feel my worst because I don't think this is normal. I noticed the symptoms get a little better when I eat. What's wrong with me? =( If it matters, last I was check my BP was about 115/70, pulse was 45. Also my legs feel slightly sore and stiff. unquenchable thirst. feel slightly n
bribrisjay bribrisjay 18-21, M 10 Answers Dec 21, 2012 in Depression

Is there anything stressful going on in your life?

Best Answer

Yes, lots of things.

Best Answer

Do you think the stress is the cause of the anxiety?

Best Answer

I'm sure it's a contributing factor, at least I hope its not something worse.

Best Answer

My baby =(

Best Answer

From experience of other people the thyroid can be affected during times of emotional stress. Do get the tests. If you feel inclined maybe see a body energy healer, maybe an experienced Reiki practitioner in addition who might help with imbalances in your body energy

Best Answer

i've had insomnia all my life. hydrate, get sleep, and know that you'll be getting some good info soon. good luck!

Best Answer

Look up hypothyroidism is my advice on account of your bp and if what you find might apply to you then get a blood test to get your TSH levels checked out. Hopefully that won't be your case.

Best Answer

I have hypothyroidism. I was last tested in Sept. and blood levels came in as normal. I'll ask for another test though.

Best Answer