That sums it up almost perfectly. It's actually quite scary to read ( for some reason) when you've experienced it and worse. Silence and hatred until death if not beyond.

Translation. You have ultimate clarity of what is wrong and don't repeat it. You express love more openly once you learn what it is and hopefully find it within yourself. Callous intelligence softens to allow you so see others lives from within their shoes - and compassion starts. Compassion allows a wealth of emotion to be learned and love to be received.

Your journey can lead to self actualization if you choose to grow and flush your mind of the pain. Don't allow it to come with you to the present.

Best Answer

this is how my grandparents were with my mom. She turned out to be very loving and affectionate towards my brother and I though.

Best Answer

yes I was, and I think it messes you up a bit, but you can change with effort and persistence

Best Answer

My Dad was very affectionate. My Mom was the exact opposite. It wasn't until she saw how my sister showed her love for her son, that she got the idea it was possible for a woman to be demonstrative like that! I'm glad I understand her.

Best Answer

Same: I got all my affection from my dad. Mom pushed me away always.

Best Answer

Daddy's girls unite! Hello, sister. ; )

Best Answer

My dad is even dryer than my mom, absolute lack of affection.

Best Answer

That's tough, Pistacchia. Its usually how they were raised themselves.

Best Answer

Had a cold father and a perfectionist mother. My best friend is the the printed head of Benjamin Franklin on a cotton paper, Sir Robert Borden printed on polymer and the arches of Baroque printed on cotton. It's all about the currency.

Best Answer