alwayswithyou6 alwayswithyou6 18-21, F 12 Answers Feb 15 in Dating & Relationships

thats society for you! my mom and dad got married when my mom was 19 and my dad 26, people liked to talk, but she wasn't pregnant. Honestly they didn't care! Let them talk! After two years of marriage, my bro and I were born and my parents are still together 22 years after :) all best!

Best Answer

its a common trend for people like you...young to get married if they are pregnant...it harks back to unwed mothers and the shame it brings (crap) but thats the most common reasoning.

Best Answer

I was 34 when I married for the first time and people asked me if I was pregnant. You'll find people in general are very nosey. Don't let it bother you, it's not with it. Just wait until you do get pregnant, women will get even more personal.

Best Answer

My wife and I received the same response when we got married. People just think that the only reason to get married these days is due to a pregnancy. With divorce rates high and marriage being less and less of a necessity, the decision to get married is becoming less and less common and reasons to do so are waning. <br />
A word of advice from a young newlywed: Your pride is stronger and your ego is bigger than you realize. If you go through with this, work diligently to maintain your humility. Be quick to resolve conflict and slow to lay blame. You have a very difficult and even more rewarding journey in front of you.

Best Answer

Thank you so much

Best Answer

Because they don't mind their own business. You don't owe a polite reply to an impolite question.

Best Answer

Not sure but when you see these people, say, for dinner, start drinking so they'll know you're not pregnant. Worked for my sister. Congrats on your engagement :)

Best Answer

Congrats and good luck. People ask if you're preg because they do not know how to mind their own business.

Best Answer

Because you're young and probably figure that you're getting married for that (possible) reason and no other.

Best Answer

Society today, I am going to get married before having sex so good luck to whoever says that to me and my future wife.

Best Answer

We're waiting till marriage as well

Best Answer

Really that's great, it's nice to know people still do it.

Best Answer

You're either getting fat or your fiance is not in your league.

Best Answer

We've been dating since we were 10. So tell me how is he out of my league if he asked me to marry him?

Best Answer

Not saying he won't make you happy, just sounded like people were wondering why you would marry him (or vice versa).

Best Answer

They are assuming I'm pregnant since we're 19 years old

Best Answer

If you knew the answer why did you ask?

Best Answer

That's what people told me. My profile. You are in no place to question what I ask.

Best Answer

lmaoooo

Best Answer