I was only given a choice once or twice!
jrt1 jrt1 36-40, M 28 Answers Nov 30, 2012 in Parenting & Family

Never got a choice, it was always a spanking. It got it over with, I suppose.

Best Answer

My mum was very much against striking children, and before you get 'modern parenting techniques are stoopid' or 'pc gone mad' this was back in the 50s and 60s when she had us lot. Something i and my entire 3 generations of relatives agree on. Violence is a last resort and never directed at children.

Best Answer

That's quite admirable.

Best Answer

Usually just mums disapproval or disappointment was enough for us to be contrite but if punishment was called for then we had loss of priveleges or were kept indoors. worked just fine and so to for all the later kids. She was a good example.

Best Answer

Nope. Usually got both.

Best Answer

Hey I thought I asked this question to ha ha ha ha

Best Answer

Nope, I got spanked, then I had to stand in the corner on my knees.

Best Answer

how long did you guys get corner time? The spanking seems bad enough!

Best Answer

Depends on what I did. A couple hours maybe.

Best Answer

No. I just got spanked.

Best Answer

I suffered almost no punishment, lazy parents. I was forced to discipline myself and as a result I've become ten times the human my parents are. Because all they'll ever know is the programming drilled into them from birth.

Best Answer

Nope, their choice. Although after about age 11, no more spankings. Either grounding or having privileges taken away (no tv, no telephone, eventually no car, etc.).

Best Answer

Nope sometimes I got both, that happened when I really got myself into trouble...

Best Answer

No .. parents need to decide the best "punishment" for their kids and just follow through with it. Sounds to me if someone is giving kids a choice, they're indecisive or unsure of their parenting skills.

But if someone is old enough to be grounded, they're too old to be spanked anyway.

Best Answer

didn't matter, I would ask for one, and end up getting them both

Best Answer

Yep, and I took the spanking (more like beating).. I remember my father telling shortly afterwards how proud he was of me for manning up.

Best Answer

Hmmmm. Only a handful of times. It was usually that my punishment was already decided. Spanking or losing a privelage.

Best Answer

I usually got BOTH!

Best Answer

No :) My dad doesn't spank me - it's morralyl incorrect! But if he sais to me that I have to choose, I will choose to be grounded.

Best Answer

I never had a choice. Even if I didn't do something wrong and it was my brother's fault, or another kid's fault, I was always the one to be beaten, no questions asked.

Best Answer

:(

Best Answer

That's sick

Best Answer

Why?

Best Answer

making you choose between two nasty things is demented.

Best Answer

No I don't get a choice. I wish I did. Last night I got spanked and grounded. But my grounding is different then more teens

Best Answer

How

Best Answer

I don't ever get grounded to the house. If I get grounded it's more like losin privileges. I lose internet, tv or netflix.

Best Answer

My mother was firm but fair and I was spanked or had the cane until I was 2I. It could be anything up to 10 or 12 strokes with the slipper but was usually no more than 6. The cane was always 'six of the best'. 21 was the age when you became an adult and it wasn't uncommon for parents to continue to use corporal punishment up to that age. When I became 21 mum changed to grounding me with the option of being spanked instead. I always chose a spanking.

Best Answer

Nah I always got both.

Best Answer