champ4life champ4life 51-55, M 16 Answers Jan 17, 2013 in Community

I guess???

Best Answer

A mix of both.<br />
They allowed me to argue my point of view. They did not want me to use terms like "sir" and "ma'am". They didn't mind if I made different choices like wearing unusual clothing, opting out of church, or listening to different music etc. They were super open with me about reproduction and other related topics, and we had pretty good communication about almost anything.<br />
However, my dad is conservative and religious so he had a lot of more "old school" ideas on certain things. He freaked out if any of my friends smoked or cursed, even if I didn't. My mom is way more liberal (they're divorced) but she's old fashioned when it comes to dating/men. She used to hassle me for calling my boyfriends when I was a teen or even in my 20's, because in her view "nice girls don't call boys up!" LOL She also did not understand the concept of girls and guys being platonic friends so she always thought I was gonna sleep with my male friends.

Best Answer

My Mom was/is old fashioned and fearing the changing world. My Dad, just strict.

Best Answer

Both, in certain ways.<br />
My mom and dad have really old-fashioned views on marriage, homosexuality, and romantic courting (the man takes the lead, no gay marriage, etc.). But at the same time, they are very liberal in political leanings and they love loud music, parties, and drugs. I got mixed conservative/liberal messages all through my upbringing.

Best Answer

Aside from drugs, your parents sound a lot like my boyfriend's parents. When I met them I was so confused by a lot of the contradictory comments and behavior. However, they're nice people. Just very different.

Best Answer

pretty much old school but i like it

Best Answer

both

Best Answer

mom is old-fashioned <br />
dad is pretty cool but I am still his baby and he wants to protect me<br />
step-mom is cool<br />
step-dad is old-fashioned but he likes cool music.

Best Answer

They're just weird.

Best Answer

they were both, if you can imagine

Best Answer

My parents were wild hippie people. I think perhaps they were too cool.

Best Answer