MathMan789 MathMan789 36-40, M 25 Answers Nov 9, 2012 in Youth

No

Best Answer

My dad was. He was career Army and he expected us to keep our bedrooms inspection ready at all times. Do you know how hard it is for a kid to keep their room that clean. He was also strict about other things too. My mom was more laid back and was happy to just let us be kids.

Best Answer

what do you think of this: I had to pay rent, but still had a curfew

Best Answer

mine sometimes threatened to make me pay rent

Best Answer

I think it was their way of getting rid of me - cause it worked!

Best Answer

That wasn't fair at all; adult enough to pay rent, but not enough to come and go as you pleased... :(

Best Answer

I know - they did a number on me

Best Answer

They were for sure. I had an old world Italian Dad who wanted us to toe the line ... but he was a good guy and I loved him for it.

Best Answer

I certainly thought so at the time. They always had to know where I was, what friends I was with, who their parents were and if they were at home. They made a point of going to my schools and knowing the teachers and administrators, checking my homework (my mother was a teacher), monitoring my grades, keeping up with my progress. When I look at kids now, I totally understand why they were so vigilant with all of us. It's too bad more parents aren't that way anymore.

Best Answer

Yes but it made me a better person

Best Answer

we were strict with ourselves so there was no need for parents to do that..

Best Answer

yes and i am very grateful they were now that i'm older

Best Answer

If you won the fight, you didn't get punished. You just had to win and freedom was yours.

Best Answer

"Ouch!!!! stopp hitting meeee!!" I'll be good" lol

Best Answer

Not at all, but they should have been.

Best Answer

Strict but fair!

Best Answer

Kind of...more than some other parents, but not overly so

Best Answer

very strict but i guess it was for my own good

Best Answer

Hmmm. I had well-defined limits, but they were not overly-strict

Best Answer

Not really..

Best Answer

No, not at all

Best Answer

We were expected to all be A+ students, a B and they would cut of my allowance for the next two months and completely neglect me, no makeup till we reach 20, no boyfriends till we reach 19, no phones till we reach 16 (I'm stuck with an iPad and idiotic Nokia), and whenever we were finally allowed to sleepover (once every year, I think), we had to text our parents every hour to make sure we were okay. An Asian family, I guess they were strict?

Best Answer