whitepine1 whitepine1 51-55, M 11 Answers Feb 1, 2012

they are people, not just signs

Best Answer

Yes they are!

Best Answer

If I had a job to give them, then I might offer it. If I know of someone who needs someone to work, I might call that person and say, "Hey, there's a guy looking for work."

Best Answer

Good thought, sometimes help comes in different forms.

Best Answer

Once instead of giving money I went and bought the guy a cheesesteak and he actually complained and said he didn't want that he wanted money. I realized he probably wanted money for drugs. Another time I gave money and watched as the guy walked around to the corner bar. I don't give money anymore, I keep on driving!

Best Answer

Yep, there are always those who disappoint our good intentions.

Best Answer

I usually don't give. I certainly wish them well, but I usually have my children with me and have to take their safety into concern first. What if I rolled down my window and a gun or knife was pulled? It could happen. I did give one an extra umbrella one time that I had in my car when it was raining.

Best Answer

Absolutely, children's safety first above all else.

Best Answer

Drive right past. Here is why: A woman at work has a farm, her husband stopped one day and asked someone holding a sign if they wanted to come out to the farm and help bale hay for the day in exchange for decent money. The guy basically said he wasn't interested. Apparently, he was an able-bodied young guy who looked capable of manual labor. I never forgot that. Too, I tend to see the same person panhandling in my area, they park their car not far from where they stand, sometimes the guy uses a dog as a prop for sympathy.

Best Answer

Your friend tried to do the right thing, he sounds like a heck of a good guy!

Best Answer