Mougywolf Mougywolf 26-30, M 10 Answers Aug 6, 2012 in Hobbies

I cannot give you a % but I would say that the people in the mental hospital are the ones who really have issues. The rest that are out in society just have problems that they need help dealing with and are not really mental cases.<br />
(Personal opinion)

Best Answer

this would be a good way of describing it, yes

Best Answer

It's a good question, but an impossible tone to answer. Let's just agree that there's a major problem in overdiagnosis and overmedication of mental health, real or not.<br />
You wanna get REALLY mad, read 'Mad in America' which is a history of schizophrenia and its treatment.

Best Answer

You live a week with my mentally ill child. You have no fcking idea what my family goes through on a dayly basis. You want to know the last time my wife and I had a night out alone? I'll tell you 13 years. You learn to sleep with one ear open incase he has an episode. He a sleepwalker too, so no random hanky Panky at night either. If we are lucky and not totally exhausted, we might get jiggy once in a blue moon when he is at school. We. Also have two other sons, whom don't have problems. They know what we go through and never give 1 minutes problem. Until you live life with a mentally ill.person, you are not qualified to understand. My wife and I already know he will live his life with us

Best Answer

To be fair, if someone is feeling better on meds, then there must be something wrong with their brain chemistry, since most meds work by altering the chemical balance in the brain, or how the brain receives these chemicals. Take Ritalin, for instance. Ritalin is a stimulant, so if you take it and feel calmer and are able to concentrate better, chances are you genuinely have an attention disorder, since stimulants speed up your brain's ability to process background activity, a key component in the symptoms for attention disorders such as ADHD. In a normal person, they would be more distracted and sometimes start to display some of the symptoms of attention disorders. That's just one example.

Best Answer

Most of them all of them, given the numbers we'll go with 99.999% of them. There are very strict regulations on that sort of thing.

Best Answer