i am 26, and i might date a 40 year old, but i don't know if it would be hard to relate. we do have alot in common, (he was an old professor of mine! ha!) but, it seems like a lifetime of a difference....
meeeese meeeese 26-30 22 Answers Oct 25, 2008

I have dated men as great as 18 years older and as young as 17 years my junior. Age does not determine whether a man will neccasarily be "stuffy" or "immature." The factors, I would look at would be intellectual compatibility, shared interests, and whether I am attracted to him outside physical charateristics. If he is 15 years older and can still hang with the fungirl he is going to get a chance to go out with me. Look at it this way; it is only a date. Go out with the man one time and if you like him and find that you have these things in common continue dating him. If not, there is no law that says you have to go out with him more than once. I wish you luck with your decision either way.

Best Answer

What's wrong with dating someone 20 years older than you? Age is just a number. I say go for it! My old man (literally!) is exactly 20 1/2 years older than me. We have been together for 22 years. We have everything in common, except age.

Best Answer

My boyfriend is 43 and i am 19,we are craxy inlove, we have been together a year now and we are serious about a future together,he is everything my heart desires, and we r comfortable with each other.sex is excellent i could not ask for another man but him.we are perfect together,and i dont care what people say even tho my family and friends are happy for us....live ur life to make urself happy,u only live once.

Best Answer

The question should not be; is my partner tool old/young for me...? It should be; does this person think/behave in a manner that is too old/young for me? I have known older peope who think and behave very young and young people who think and behave like they are old as the hills.

What you need to ask yourself is, am I compatible with this person on the intellectual, emotional and physical levels. Provided that you are both legal adults, age should not be a consideration. IMHO :)

Best Answer

Don't do it.

My husband is 20 years older than me. Yes, intellectually we are well-matched. We have a similar sense of humor and, if life were all intellectual, we would be very well suited for each other. When we met, 18 years ago, it didn't seem to matter at all. I loved him, he loved me, and baby makes three. Except he is actually 20 years older. Now he is 62 and I am 42. The gap wides every month. He is sick and old and I'm just getting ready to go (the baby is in college). Then there are the sexual issues I won't go into but that 20 years.... it can be very noticeable at times and we're all too ladylike to mention it or "notice".

What if you fell in love? Just don't do it. Truly, it's not worth it.

I should have known when he asked me where I was when Kennedy was shot and I had to tell him my parents didn't know each other yet....

Best Answer

I am kind of in the same situation where I am 35 and he is 58. He has been a really good listener and very suportive of things for me. Granted its only been a few weeks that we have been talking and have had sex twice. Yes, age does have a factor on what sex is like but if you have toys its not so bad. My situation is that he drives semi and I may only get to see him twice a month but talk all the time on the phone. He is not the type that gets pushey about things which is a plus that you will see with age.

The thing that is strange is that he is the same age as my mom and her boyfriend and my dad. I guess see how it goes what do you have to loose, if anything you might find out something about yourself.

Best Answer

There is no manual on how to live your life. Nor is there anything else or anyone else for that matter that can tell you what to do, how to live your life or make your decisions for you. First of all I would like to point out that SEX ISN'T EVERYTHING! If you genuinely REALLY love someone and care about them for who they are, sex is not everything. If the sex is good, that's great enjoy it while you're in the moment; but it doesn't necessarily define the love between two people. I say go for it (even though this post was 3 years ago lol) and see where it goes. Just take each day as it comes. My partner is 15 years older than me and yes I copped A LOT of criticism from everyone. We've been through a hell of a lot together and we are happier than ever. I wouldn't change him for the world and I would do it all again for him.

Best Answer

my hubby is 11 yrs younger than me and my first hubby was 12 yrs older than me life is what you make it never mind antone else if iy;s right for you go be happy good luck xx

Best Answer

I'm married to someone 7 years older then me. The sad thing is in the maturity department I tend to be the older one. Don't look at the number but at the since of age. There is a big difference. My husband acts like a 16 year old insecure boy. I feel like I have had to grow up at a young age just to make up for him not growing up. Here's another one to think about with the age difference you will be looked at as the trophy wife. I am with just a 7 year difference. It might not sound so bad but it puts a lot of pressure on you. Just think things through before doing anything crazy.

Best Answer

I dated a 56 year old when I was 35, and it was fantastic (unfortunately, he still had a thing for his ex, and she came back after five years divorced). I am now married to a guy who's 17 years older than me. At his age, sex not happening, but everything else is good. Only once did I date a younger man...and that was by accident. I thought he was the same age as me, and - yikes! - he was nine years younger (not jail bait, but certainly not near middle age!). We lasted about six months, then he got a young man's wandering eye. We're still friends.

So yeah, date him if you like him.

Best Answer

at the end the joy and the pain of the decision will be yuors.im 42 and single still desirous of marrying.i hav avoided babes who cannot be said to be mature between ages of 21 and 25 and will only consider girls around 30.this age thing is real.it is not a thing of the mind or jus anumber.look at your dating history.do u feel best wit much older guys.what about your sexual life.if you are the type that is addicted to vigorous hot sex,you must realise when the man is 62 you will be 47.i wouldnt know what women sex drive looks like at 47 but i just met a 44year old women whom i realy like a lot but i discover she cant cope with my sexual stamina though she appears to be interested in sex.i was sexually dissatisfied and i realise for the 1st time age could be a factor in relationship.mind you for every general rule there is an exception.i will rather advise you not to do it since the age difference is already bothering you and you can be sure another babe 20years younger than your 40plus man will be so glad to run away and marry him without any question asked about his age.i love sex and i will want to find out now and in the future whether age difference between me and a babe will affect our sexual life negatively.

Best Answer

It's completely about your relationship, age doesn't matter in theory. But since he's your old professor that could be weird - did you always have a thing for him or has it developed since you left college/whatever? I was seriously obsessed by a teacher once, would have done anything for him, but now I realise I was being stupid... I suppose you have to ask yourself what would you say to yourself about this relationship in 5 years time... (Just for the record, my current boyfriend is 10 years older than me and we've been together for four years now) Good luck in whatever you choose!!

Best Answer

I don't think you are necessarily guaranteed to have a great and cohesive relationship with someone of the same age.....have fun and enjoy!

Best Answer

I recently made the mistake of believing that someone twenty two years older than me actually took me seriously. He really did a good job at making me think he felt something for me. Then now the truth is out, well, I think he does feel things for me, mostly sexual, but other stuff too. However, he is too embarrassed of my age. After all that bull about how it didn't matter. But I don't think there is anything wrong with 26 and 40.

Best Answer

i don't think 14 yrs is a huge difference at all. if you like one another and have things in common, it will probably work out. last year, i had a man who is 34 yrs older than me wanting to be with me. talk about someone much older! can't get any older than that, lol.

Best Answer

My lover's seven years older than me, and even that has caused some people (including my mother) to disaprove, but I love him and that's all that matters to me.

Best Answer

I guess dating might be okay. As long as you don't go crazy and marry the guy.

Best Answer

Hi meeeese, he loves you really? are u sure about that? you love him too?A person who got failures will know how the value of everything is. It is nice to know you and he have many commons. He respects your saying? are you sure everything is still like that after marrying?

Best Answer

I personally don't prefer it because of how society sees it and how you grew up in different time periods meaning different values and ect..

Best Answer