Of course as a 16-17 year old I would still be looked at as very young for the older community. I wanted to know that once I fit into the 18-22 category ( In a month ) would I still be considered a child in your mind? This question is mostly for curiosity.
melisa1211 melisa1211 18-21, F 24 Answers Oct 16, 2012 in Community

18 year olds are like 15 year olds with more freedom, meaning they are horrifyingly drunk with the power of "freedom" that they believe is allotted to them. Same with 21 year olds, they run rampant with their newfound privileges in a manner that can only be described as juvenile. Of course, there are exceptions, as with any generalization.

Best Answer

You are soooo correct.

Best Answer

I definitely agree with this answer... Guess i'll have to wait a bit longer XD. What a horrible generation I live in...

Best Answer

My mom, when i was in my 20's told me that a person is an "adult" when they hit the age 30. I didn't believe her. It wasn't until I was 32 and looked back that I could tell ...she was right. 18 and 21 year olds looked like kids to me when I was about the age of 34.

Best Answer

You know, my parents still consider me a kid in my age. You'll have to wait longer kiddo.

Best Answer

It' not age it's how you act that make people see you as an adult or a child.

Best Answer

I am 19 today i cannot say much on this subject being i am not the older part of the world but to me ill give you my view it isn't about age its about what you do and how you go about your life what your actions are and how you use your brain when it comes to something you agree and disagree with if your someone who starts fighting drinking or parttying then your still "Young at heart and learning" and that isn't bad.

But if your understanding smart and don't drink and act without jumping into something "bad" your older at heart. but are you young? yes your not young to them because your good or bad your young to them because you have only been here for 17 years compared to them being alive for 30 to 50 years. you haven't seen as much yet thats why.

Best Answer

I suppose it depends on the person, I mean there are a few 18 and 21 yr olds who are mature then theres those who think they are "adults" but are pure chaos XDD... For me i suppose your an adult when you have self-control, take up responcibilities and your independent (even if you live with your parents to earning your own monesy and paying your own bills) Even though everyone does have a childish side to it just depends :DD

Best Answer

Not a child, but not as mature as young adults often think they are. I have a 23 year old daughter. She's my best friend and I love her to death but I am double her age. I've had double the experiences, I've learned twice as much from them. She is an adult but she's very young to me. Of course I think back to the year I had her, 19, and I remember I thought I was so old then. I never thought I'd make it this far.

Best Answer

There is nothing magical about a particular age that makes one mature. Science says a person's brain doesn't completely develop until age 25 on the average. I still sometimes call my 25 year old a "kid", though he has matured nicely in the past year.

Best Answer

My mom is guilty of this. Anyone younger than her is considered a " kid" in her eyes XD.

Best Answer

Your age is just a number, it's whether you act as an adult or a child.

Best Answer

I figure an adult is one that can support themselves and anyone else they brought into this world---also anyone that is in the military---if your old enough to fight for your country your old enough to be an adult

Best Answer

I'd still consider them 'kid' by simply meaning a lack of life experience. I'll be 18 in a month so we'll see how that goes.

I say more towards 30's I will think more adult.

Best Answer

I agree! When is your birthday?

Best Answer

November 24th

Best Answer

Oh okay, are you a sagittarius as well! I am born on December 11th!

Best Answer

Idk. I'd base it on a person-by-person basis really. I'm sure there are some really mature 16-17 year olds, and I've definitely also seen some 20+ year olds that behave like they're 10.

Best Answer

As much as I do agree that a lot of 16-17 year old's can be considered mature, maturity also comes with age and experiences. Although some are mature we have not yet become independent yet or experienced the real life enough.

Best Answer

I'm not saying I'm specifically totally mature. I'm far from the most responsible person my age.

Best Answer

Couldn't agree more, I have to listen to a 23 year old sister whine about the most trivial ****, like shes 5-6

Best Answer

I don't consider someone an actual adult until they're at least past 25.

Best Answer

13. is a good age to know right from wrong. action V consequence..

Best Answer

I would not consider you a child nor would I treat you like one...but I wouldn't yet consider you a mature adult either. Young adults are still at the age where they are experiencing something new...it is a new found "freedom" and some tend to get a little "over-excited" about it not thinking about consequences to their actions. You live and you learn. Maturity is something that people obtain based on experience. Enjoy yourself (but make good choices) and enjoy your youth, it goes by fast and when you reach a certain age you will want to relive it again.

Best Answer

Studies have shown that the brain isnt sully developed until a person is 25-30 years old.

Best Answer

Yes most 18-21 year olds are still kids

Best Answer

We never REALLY grow up. So, it really doesn't matter to me. Maturity is like Slenderman, an urban myth.

Best Answer