Hey Guys, come up with your own question ideas >:(
SilenceEvermore SilenceEvermore 22-25, T 24 Answers Jul 24, 2012

People.

Best Answer

Hear, hear.

Best Answer

IN the UK we call African Americans 'African Americans' and sometimes just Americans

Best Answer

American

Best Answer

Ha :P

Best Answer

I would suspect, Englishmen. Other countries dont look at their black citizens as only half citizens only "better than thou" politically correct liberal Americans look down on them like that and call them African Americans. In my book they are JUST Americans just like me. Full Americans, most of which were born here the same as I was.

Best Answer

Never heard of the National Front, etc., have you? Or simply watched UK TV.

Best Answer

Isn't it the American black community itself that prefers and has advanced the use of the phrase "African American"?

Best Answer

Yes, Husky. It's the first thing Black Americans have gotten to name themselves, back when everyone else was briefly hyphenated in the early 80s. But someone slamming "liberals" wouldn't have bothered to check that out.

Best Answer

LEROY OR WINSTON.

Best Answer

niggah

Best Answer

No you don't. I don't believe you

Best Answer

I believe it, just wondered who'd say it. :(

Best Answer

it's a pork pie, he don't call 'em that at all

Best Answer

bro.

Best Answer

yankees

Best Answer

Something I don't understand is why whites in America are called Caucasian because Caucasians are actually people who come from places like Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan and South Western Russia

Best Answer

Yeah, that a odd term. I call myself "pink", and African Americans "dark brown", but I just call it like I see it.

Best Answer

You're kidding right? I'm pretty sure you mean Croatian not Caucasian. The ignorance here is astounding!

Best Answer

Look up caucasus region and the origin of the word caucasian before calling other people ignorant. Apologies are in order.

Best Answer

I remember growing up 'american Negro' african american were different and really didn't give a darn about their skin color.the american negro is the one that plays the racial card quite often.

Best Answer

English/British? Why do you need to call them something?

Best Answer

Good question.

Best Answer

they are called people..

Best Answer

Blacks, *******, Jamaicans, Black Africans, Black Americans, Colored people, and probably «those people». Or they're not called at all - depends on the degree of racism both ways: by the white Briton who can be more or less racist against all immigrants or not, by the Black person who can insist on their black identity as a major factor in their vision of themselves. Racism is equally shared between blacks and whites, but in Britain the majority remains white and British, so there are more white racists; go to Cameroon or any African country and you'll find it full of Black racists if you're white. Not even to mention Haitian métis despising Haitian blacks, British people looking down at anyone a little too colored for their taste, the term WOG (Wild Oriental Gentlemen) liberally applied to all Arabs for a long time, etc..., etc...

Best Answer

Black is the general term used in the UK. This is really strange that we have laws against colour (race) etc and still go ahead and refer to people by their colour. But, as there is no inference to look down upon people and is accepted in the spirit of the law, that is ok I suppose.

Referring to the blacks in USA as African American is the same as the asian population that came over from Eastern Africa were referred to as British Asians. Well try to apply that to the people from the Orient, East Europeans (for Soviet states), etc etc...How about British Americans for starters if they were of American origin..(black or white btw)

Best Answer

In America I would just prefer Black..it's easier, not offensive, doesn't imply anything. We call Caucasians white, even though some Caucasians aren't totally white and so forth. Just tired of having to call people, "X Americans." You're American. That's the end of it.

Best Answer

Yep agreed Silence. Colour is there for all to see.

Best Answer

Exactly. I know several blacks that just hate the term Afriican American, like they are less of an American because of their skin color. And they will tell you right quick that they weren't born in Africa

Best Answer

Differently pigmented?

Best Answer

Black

Best Answer

This has to be the weird question ever.

Best Answer