shelle48 shelle48 61-65, F 28 Answers Jan 22, 2012

Here's the thing, shelle. And I tell this story all the time.

I took the plunge years ago, and used my real photos on an open site just like this. 1 year and a handful of stalkers later, I gave up on that notion. Forever.

Best Answer

Nope.

I'm a Waterhouse painting.

And I'm gorgeous!!

;)

Best Answer

YOu are an encourager, Coyote3feathers. I and the artist salute you. :)

Best Answer

A Pre-Raphaelite goddess is a good chioce

Best Answer

This is not Facebook

Best Answer

Yes, and some also have real reasons to remain anonymous.

Best Answer

We're afraid of the crazy people who seem to have no privacy issues. This site is particularly for relating experiences anonymously. Hard to be anonymous when you have hundreds of strangers with your picture in their face.

Best Answer

Some people get a hold of the real pics then distort them and post them on other sites. I just don't want that to happen to me.

Best Answer

LOL! This cracked me up! What's up with you crazy people putting your real pictures out there? Where's your sense of self preservation!

My crazy avatar is a goal pic that's really helped me lots. What's more, this space is mine and not for those who know me. I love my anonymity and intend to keep it that way.

Best Answer

Yep and theres a pic in my profile of the other me...today i wanna be Yeti.

Best Answer

*waves* hi yeti :)

Best Answer

Hey baby! Wanna touch my fur? I love your eye!

Best Answer

and you have a lovely smile, lol

Best Answer

Thanks i use crest whitestrips

Best Answer

lmao! *giggles* x)

Best Answer

I bet you save on contact lenses huh?

Best Answer

Yes, but having avatars is fun and expressive!

Best Answer

What is the point of an anonymous site if we post our own pictures? Besides, I think the pix we choose to represent ourselves represent more of what we're really like than our real faces. Also besides, I once posted a photo of myself on EP which I inadvertently found a year later on the net in a German ad!

P.S. There is a place on EP where we can post personal pix if we wish.

Best Answer

Oh Shelle.

Best Answer

just being discreet darling!

Best Answer

I enjoy being anonymous

Best Answer

I would say those people prefer to be anonymous

Best Answer

What do you mean crazy avatar ?? I YAM SURFFIN!!!

But actually TheLeela and others have already explained the real, and valid, reasons some of have for not waving our faces around like flags. Having said that, I will try to figure out a way to safely put at least one pic in my profile to share with folks I trust.

Best Answer

Yes I do have a real face

but I prefer my bear to be my profile pic :DD

Best Answer

this is my real face. it's when i get angry.

Best Answer

based on your profile pic, I can tell some man is going to try to take advantage of you. If I were you, I wouldn't post my profile pic. Besides, avatars are more fun! On the Internet you can be anything and anybody and I like it that way.

Best Answer

I am afraid of my face lol

Best Answer