We have been communicating for three weeks. We exchanged phone no. I just worry afterwards of the consequence . Useful advice is appreciated.
Amee321 Amee321 70+, F 8 Answers Aug 15, 2012 in Romance & True Love

You do know that phone books were invented.... right?

Best Answer

lol i know;)

Best Answer

Depends on where in the world u are , in Aus no reverse look up availble lol , so not as easy to find someone ,

But social engineering is popular these days , it depends on how much someone already has been told in passing , and how much you publish about yourself , email address can be just as bad if is the same one u use on Facebook , and ur profile is fairly public , most peps are ok though

Best Answer

I don't know about Facebook that much, and have no Facebook account yet. Thanks for the info.

Best Answer

How willing are you to change your number if all goes bad? I'd only give out a mobile, never a landline number.

Best Answer

it is a mobile number.

Best Answer

Some phones have tracking systems that can hone in on your phone. Like if you were at a restaurant (cell phone with you) and the person you gave your number too had a phone that could do this,.. then he/she could pull up a map screen and it would show where you were located.

Best Answer

Maybe I should turn that setting off then.

Best Answer

i would be careful. now is rather late to worry about it. you can always have another number assigned to your phone so i guess no major risks.

Best Answer

yeah, thought so too. . . too late to worry now. thanks.

Best Answer

no clue... he could reverse phone directory and find out your full name.. then with that other things.. I would not worry though :)

Best Answer

obviously he could. thanks

Best Answer

Could trace your phone number to the place where you live, which could lead to any number of things.

Best Answer

agreed. that was what's came out first, right after I gave the number.;(

Best Answer