as a bank teller? I have an interview with Wachovia Tuesday afternoon. I already had a phone screen with a different district of Wachovia and then they sent me an e-mail the next day saying Thanks but No Thanks. I really would like to be able to have my own place by my 20th Birthday, in mid June. I would like to have my own and yes I know other people who may have a degree in Finance or 10+ years or even one year into this field but I am going to break down. I couldn't even get the temporary job I interviewed the first week of January. Most weeks of 2009 I sit online applying to a job over and over again the same stores or different ones. I am getting to the point where I just cannot take it anymore. I am only getting 16-18 hours since I started school the second week of January. I have about 16-17 months with my current job and I know how to deal with customers but I am going to breakdown. I feel it coming on and its weighing on me each and everyday.
treegirl17 treegirl17 22-25, F 11 Answers Feb 20, 2010

www.mcdonalds.com/usa/work.html

Best Answer

Naturally you are going to be nervous over this. So heres what you do. Forget about getting this job. Now focus on the interview. Go through it in your mind using the things you learned from previous interviews and the phone screening with the same business. What are they going to ask? What do they want to hear? What have you got that some others dont? Work out your answers in advance so you dont falter. Now just focus on the interview and learning even more from it. Dont be afraid to ask questions. (Not when you can have holidays and how much sick time you get. More like "What extra education can I take to advance my career prospects once I have been in the job a while?") But just focus on giving a good interview. Dont think beyond that. That will help you focus on what is important for now, and help you hold it together, as well as improve your performance on the day.<br />
Good Luck with it.

Best Answer

A resume, and your credentials are not the only factor that determines who gets a job and who doesnt, you have to hang in there, you are young, break downs are for people over 50's that have a familly, nobody depends on you but yourself. You have to make the best first impression, speaking confidently, always trowing a smile and always with a service atitude.<br />
Theres so many places where u can get a job... keep working hard, one day ull be laughing about this, and ull have the job and the money u always wanted.<br />
Sorry about my english.

Best Answer

stop applying online only and start walking the pavement and looking for jobs on your own. Plenty of small businesses are hiring and not online either

Best Answer

Good chance,hang in there. With the economy ,you have to realize that there so many people applying for the same jobs you are.But you seem to care about working and doing a good job for your employer and that is in your favor. Just keep trying and you will do ok.

Best Answer

I don't think applying online exclusively will land you a job, at least not in a timely manner....you have to realize that there is a stack of online applicants there, all of them look the same....the economy is tough....you have to do something that will make your application stand out, over the others...<br />
Apply for them in person, and use a different color ink...nothing that looks like you went crayola crazy, but a subtle difference, from the black/blue that everyone else uses...<br />
Secondly, print off your resume, on colored paper....that blue, yellow or purple piece of paper is going to really stand out, in that stack of white resumes...<br />
Good luck.

Best Answer

I have been told and totally agree with that nothing batters your self esteem and makes you question self worth like job hunting. Most people go through this, getting turned down over and over AND over, but eventually something will break for you.<br />
But do follow the above advice, re: Get offline and meet face to face, that is how you can make a good impression and show profesional people skills. Find some information on how to give a good interview, it really helps. Get a professional resume and professional outfit, a really nice one. You only need to buy one if you are low on cash.<br />
Keep at it! It will work out, no matter how bleak it seems.

Best Answer

Don't break down, now is the time when you ought to be encouraged to strengthen yourself, strengthen your weakness, and don't give up. Something has to turn up! Keep up the good work, I hope that you do find your own place by your birthday. And I hope that you are applying for all of the positions that you know you'll love doing.

Best Answer

my advice is to stay positive and so many people can empathize with your situation.

Best Answer

you need to have your resume done professionally, and look at how you talk to people you need to learn how to appeal to the proposed job interviewer being able to sell yourself so to speak...it is work hard work but be positive you will land a job very soon

Best Answer