My counselor makes me see a psychiatrist and I need to find a reason not to talk to her. I could not find the answer on Google, thank you
ibstraange ibstraange 18-21 8 Answers Dec 4, 2012 in Self Improvement

They are really for determining if you are crazy or not,and then deciding what measures should be taken to help you- if any is needed. For instance, if you are hearing voices and you tell them that,,they would have to treat you for schitzo, but if you dont hear voices or anything else that is cause for concern and could make you a danger to the public,then you have no reason to see them. They are for more serious conditions i think, and a counselor is more for general behavioral problems or relatively less serious problems. This is in the UK and my personal opinion.

Best Answer

It would probably more helpful if you just talk to your counselor about helping you find a different psychiatrist.

Best Answer

not just medication, they can do lobotomies, too

Best Answer

I always think of them as the "big boys" of therapy.

Best Answer

Pretty much.

Best Answer